Asurion plans to offer Droid X and Incredible as Droid 1 replacement

aayoo

Reaction score
I'm probably one of the few who loves the physical keyboard. I like playing games on my phone and on-screen controls just don't cut it. Theoretically, i could pull the "must have lost my droid, need a replacement", get an X and keep my D1 as a mini PSP, but honestly this phone has been too good to me to just abandon it for a bigger screen and some minor hardware upgrades. But for a D2...

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
if there is a battery issue with a phone and it keeps dying is that a reason for a "replacement" wife has the devour and likes it but the battery keeps dying she doesnt need anything high powered she likes the ally, think its possible to file that claim due to the battery? i've never filed through asurion before but i've had the coverage for years.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
An X would be a nice replacement, that would make the insurance seem worth while again

Bxrider117

Reaction score
This is interesting news. My deductible is only $50. At least when I go to the website that is what it tells me. My Droid 1 has a loose screen but I don't to want a lessor phone as a replacement. But a DX sounds nice especially if I can get it for my deductible price.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I bet this limited supply they speak of will only be offered if the customer complains about an eris or devour. I knew a few people who already got Incredibles as a replacement but only after contacting the main office. I'm sure they sill happily hand out their supply of eris's as long as the customer doesn't complain.

Honestly though, imagine driving a Porche and paying mondo premiums and then totalling your vehicle only to have it replaced by a Taurus...because the insurance company considers the Taurus comparable because both cars have four axles and four wheels and both run off a gasoline powered engine. I bet a lot more people would be complaining then...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd make a big stink if they tried to give me an Eris or Devour in replacement for a Droid.

Dan_08

Reaction score
Makes me feel a whole lot better, i would of gotten a D1 on ebay or craigslist over paying $90 for an eris. But i would settle for the DX or Dinc. I still prefer the D1 cause it is still an awesome phone (now that I finally rooted to froyo dancedroid )!

1694kyle

Reaction score
if there is a battery issue with a phone and it keeps dying is that a reason for a "replacement" .

Thats what I always sent mine in for. I always just said it was dying unexpectedly. I actually think I kept my old batteries too. They dont care

TekHawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind an X, but I prefer to have root access & total control over my property.

The X has been rooted and I am sure people are working on how to load up custom roms and we will have it shortly.

even if it has been rooted it cannot load a custom image if they enforce the same signed boot loaded that they did on the milestone which I believe has been confirmed to have been done

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's nice in theory... should you legitimately need a replacement.... but I'm not gonna give up my Droid.... even when I get my next Android phone.

It's obviously one of a kind with locked boot loaders in our future.

azules9780

Reaction score
How do you guys have loose screens etc.? I doubt that my Droid has way better build quality than yours and I am willing to bet my Droid has lived a harder life than yours. Example would be that I used to build and upgrade cell towers. I put my Droid in my pouch with tools while I climbed all over steel structures, swapped different tools in and out of the same pouch etc. I am a Firefighter now and I can't tell you how many times I have dropped my phone while running to the truck. Sometimes I stick it in my boots that I leave at the station while I hop in my bunker gear. Other times, it has been in my leg pouch while fighting fire. A few months ago, I put it in a Seido case, I ahve dropped it and pieces go flying, battery cover comes off, battery comes out etc. I pick it up, put it all back together and all is good. The metal part that surrounds the glass has been dented and dinged and chipped and I have no problems whatsoever. I'm just trying to figure out what the heck yall are doing to them!