ASTRO beta

huskur

Reaction score
Just got a message that astro beta was going to expire in 3 days. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and now it will expire march 31st. Is there any way for it to not expire?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got a message that astro beta was going to expire in 3 days. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and now it will expire march 31st. Is there any way for it to not expire?

Where did the message come from? (Pop up, email, etc.)

Astro is constantly updating so perhaps you haven't been updating? That's the only thing I can think of.

Enter

Reaction score
In the description on the marketplace it does say beta ends 3/31. Well you have two options- pay for it when it is released or download a different browser/manager, there are some other free ones with high ratings.

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score

Where did the message come from? (Pop up, email, etc.)

Astro is constantly updating so perhaps you haven't been updating? That's the only thing I can think of.

pop up when using it this morning. I also have estrongs installed and it is good but i like the picture viewing of astro

Enter

Reaction score
I kinda like the stock gallery but I also have B&B Gallery installed, the free one has ads so you might want to try it then buy it.

ndhill1976

Reaction score
I got the same message because I ignored an update a couple days ago. I went into the market place and downloaded the update, and the message went away. You didn't have to uninstall.

gatewayad

Reaction score
The update is really nice, they are working hard to make it a great file manager, as of yesterday i dont think i would of purchased it if the beta had expired, i would of found something similar. Now after the update and letting us beta test it another 60 days I think it will be worth the purchase price if $5.00 or under.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The update is really nice, they are working hard to make it a great file manager, as of yesterday i dont think i would of purchased it if the beta had expired, i would of found something similar. Now after the update and letting us beta test it another 60 days I think it will be worth the purchase price if $5.00 or under.

Yeah it really just depends on the price for me, if it's on the cheaper side.. as you said prolly 5 and under, then i'll most likely get it. Anything higher then that, and i might just go find a new one.

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
I saw this as well...but at 5:30 in the morning, I didn't think much of it. Where can I see if I'm on the beta version or one that won't expire?

CDB

Reaction score
When I heard the announcement that this app was going to a paid version, I didn't bother waiting to hear a price to find a new file manager. There are too many out there that do the job for free.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I heard the announcement that this app was going to a paid version, I didn't bother waiting to hear a price to find a new file manager. There are too many out there that do the job for free.

It's still another 2 months away. So for now i will enjoy there "beta" program and be happy with it. Once it becomes paid, it will be another story. Why change something right this second if you don't have to.

Astro is a very robust file manager. I had tried 2-3 other also, and they just didn't have the functionality that astro did.

CDB

Reaction score
Once it becomes paid, it will be another story. Why change something right this second if you don't have to.

I guess on the other hand, why wait to change until you're 'forced' to? As you note, it will be a different story once it goes paid, so I'd rather find an alternative now while I still have use of the free Astro rather than sort of being forced into a corner to buy it because it offered some piece of functionality that I'd need right "there-and-then", that while some free alternative may offer, I now don't have time to search for it.

But that's just me.

Firegrl

Reaction score
I haven't purchased an app yet for my Droid so please excuse my ignorance with my question:

This won't just start charging us, like on our phone bill, once the beta version expires right? I don't like things that just start charging you without giving warning!