Launcher Pro help !

Diordna

Reaction score
So I downloaded the newer version of it and it wouldn't install, idk why. Just starts installing then "Application not installed"
Why?!

The the older version got expired on me so I couldn't even go to the homepage so I kept pushing the back button until it went to Astro and I installed an OLD HelixLauncher (yes, the first one lol) that I still had the apk fo haha just so I can use other apps and settings and I tried uninstalling launcher pro but it's grayed out under manage applications, wtf? I want to uninstall this app so don't blank it out on me.
Idk what the problem is, I'm sure you guys do.

It just doesn't uninstall, and when I try installing or "updating" LP, just says "Application not installed."

warrior21

Reaction score
Are you using the launcher that came with the ROM? It is probably a version of LP.

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
Maybe idk, it has been reminding me the update launcher pro, like "Launcher Pro is expiring in X days, please to go LauncherPro and update it" or something.
Today was the deadline. But I did go to the website and download it, and it just doesn't install.

I am using UltimateDroid's ROM (not the newest ones but couple months old, but nothing to do with launcher pro updating.)

Also in the android market, I go to launcher pro there and it's not installed, but it doesn't install there either so I'm thinking the ROM has something to do with this?

warrior21

Reaction score
I have the same issue with ADW. I keeps wanting to update but never does, and shows not installed in the market. I'm running UD 2.5.

Last edited:

tmacdaman1

Reaction score
I have the same problem but I haven't even gotten as far as you have...I can't even get to install anything else because I can't get to my homepage either. Is there any other way to get to the market without going through your homescreen?

warrior21

Reaction score
In the past I would switch to LP on my phone and delete the launcher apk. from the /system/app folder and then ADW would download just fine after that. I don't know if this is the correct way to fix it but it seemed to work fine. I haven't gotten around to fixing it again.

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
I have the same problem but I haven't even gotten as far as you have...I can't even get to install anything else because I can't get to my homepage either. Is there any other way to get to the market without going through your homescreen?

I had an old old home replacement APK file in astro so I installed that, even though it's buggy and crap it will help get me around.

I kept pushing the back button until I got to astro luckily lol

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score

I had an old old home replacement APK file in astro so I installed that, even though it's buggy and crap it will help get me around.

I kept pushing the back button until I got to astro luckily lol

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
In the past I would switch to LP on my phone and delete the launcher apk. from the /system/app folder and then ADW would download just fine after that. I don't know if this is the correct way to fix it but it seemed to work fine. I haven't gotten around to fixing it again.

That got rid of LP but some reason the only website it isn't loading at all is launcher pro's, and installing it from astro it still says to replace the app and it fails.