Question on Launchers

msu

Reaction score
So I have always used Launcher Pro and decided to play with ADW again. I have it all set up and pretty much like it just as much as LP.

My question is, does it hurt performance to have both Launchers installed? I kept LP installed incase I wanted to switch back and forth.

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Cool, I was just curious.

you ready for Nebraska vs Iowa?? Or Nebraska vs OSU??

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Tell you what,
Launcher Pro always FC on me, but I really liked it.

ADW is making my D1 slow as hell for scrolling, and other things it seems. I do like it though.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh, i can't wait for the Big Ten!! NE/Iowa will probably develop into a pretty big rivalry, given the geographical proximity. but, all of them will be great: Mich, Wis, OSU, Penn St, Mich St - it's gonna be interesting and fun to watch!

as for the FC issue, try running "fix permissions" thru Rom Mgr - that generally helps with FC issues.

as for the lag you're experiencing, that is extremely common across roms. here is a fix from samsonite801 that i, and many others, have found very, very helpful on lag and redraws:

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

To remove the toggle: In Root Explorer, go to /data/, tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on local.prop and Open in Text Editor, then delete the line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1.

also, it helps to clean your cache fairly frequently (there are cache cleaning apps in the mkt, like Cache Cleaner, Cache Mate, and others), including clearing your dalvik cache (either thru Root Explorer or TiBu).

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Cool, I will try that out. Oh I use Cachemate or a regular basis

Could also be that I need to get rid of some apps. only 33mb left

Last edited: