Need an ASTRO Replacement. Suggestions?

Jokerz

Reaction score
I noticed that my the ASTRO Beta version is gonna expire on the 31st so I was just wondering if anybody can give me some suggestions on what app I should get for file managing and to backup all my apps? Free is good :) but i dont mind paying for it

jtaliani

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Titanium backup is AWESOME. I was more than happy to donate for the full version. As for a task manager, Estrongs seems to get good reviews.

CatsTide

Reaction score
try file go for managing and titanium for backing up

Downloading both right now. Thanks for you help
no problem...i see you're rooted so you really need "root explorer" it's a few bucks but well worth it. i might just ditch astro and file go because as far as i can tell root explorer does everything the others do plus go into the root folder...with maybe the exception of backing up but i'm a solid titanium user for backups.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Argghhh....I just checked my version of Astro and found that, yup, it expires in three days. I can only assume (hope, pray) that the developer makes a paid version available in the next few days. I'm too old to adjust to another file manager. :mad:

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
try file go for managing and titanium for backing up

no problem...i see you're rooted so you really need "root explorer" it's a few bucks but well worth it. i might just ditch astro and file go because as far as i can tell root explorer does everything the others do plus go into the root folder...with maybe the exception of backing up but i'm a solid titanium user for backups.

Yea I think your right. I'm gonna just go with root explorer and titanium.

CatsTide

Reaction score

i just deleted astro and file go...freed up about 5mb:icon_ banana:

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score

i just deleted astro and file go...freed up about 5mb:icon_ banana:
Same here :icon_ banana:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will also throw out there my HUGE support for Titanium Backup (paid version). I switch ROM's about as much as I switch underwear...well almost. Titanium is flawless and restores every time. If someone gets T.B. premium, every couple of days I got to my SD card and delete the TB folder and do a fresh backup. Just a hint.

CatsTide

Reaction score
I will also throw out there my HUGE support for Titanium Backup (paid version). I switch ROM's about as much as I switch underwear...well almost. Titanium is flawless and restores every time. If someone gets T.B. premium, every couple of days I got to my SD card and delete the TB folder and do a fresh backup. Just a hint.
nice tip...just to add to that,i renamed the folder Tbackup instead of deleting it...just in case:icon_ banana:

toddegreene

Reaction score
The Astro 'beta' also expired 3 months ago, and they extended it with an update.