Astro

The CPU Guy

Reaction score
I was wondering if astro is a good app? All i want to use it for is to see what apps are running memory and processes running and file manager i dont want to use the task killer in it. as i dont think a task killer is nessary (dont flame me for that statment) Or is there something better out there? Thanks.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Astro is a must have......IMO

Just as you said...not the task killer part.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like Linda better then Astro. It's easier to use, simple to understand and takes up less space then Astro.

ffej89

Reaction score
I was wondering if astro is a good app? All i want to use it for is to see what apps are running memory and processes running and file manager i dont want to use the task killer in it. as i dont think a task killer is nessary (dont flame me for that statment) Or is there something better out there? Thanks.

What i use to monitor my phone is System Panel. It has a kill option but i never use it. What i like is how clear cut it is to see what is running and using Cpu

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Same here; also has better app management than Astro.
For file explorer I use Estrongs, which, btw, can be installed on SD.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have Astro because it works (sometimes) with godmode to delete system files (gotta cull those bloated roms!).

Otherwise, I use EStrong mostly because I can connect to my computer and move files back and forth with wifi. It's mostly roms and kernels that I download to my computer and then transfer (yeah, I could do it directly from the Droid but at home I do most of my surfing on the laptop).

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
As far as file back up, does Astro also back up application data as well? For example, I use aCar to keep track of my fuel usage and service calls. Will it also back up game save data as well? Reason I'm asking is I'm going to do a factory reset to see if it will help my Droid 1 with it's Froyo-induced problems (battery drain, homescreen lag, etc.).