Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I just replied to another thread, and I dont remember seeing any threads mentioning this before but Task Killers do not work with froyo. The mechanism that task killers use has been removed in froyo. So kill all background apps and they will show right back up.

drkow19

Reaction score
I think they already fixed this. Taskiller was my favorite and he updated everything for FroYo. If it is an unclosable app you are taken to the system settings app to see running services, and you can stop it from there. Other than that, I'm pretty sure they work because when I have apps running, then use Advanced Task Killer, those apps are killed!

The only thing I've noticed that's different from 2.1 or before is that some apps can't be closed directly from the task manager, and you have to go into system settings > applications > then either running processes or running applications.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Weird, cause when I goto ATK now, with froyo, and kill all selected files and immediately click "Kill selected files" again, they all just show right back up in the list 'pre-checked'.

Mojo

Reaction score
Well good!! I hope they do not work. Maybe then people will understand that taskkillers are not needed.

drkow19

Reaction score
That is weird. It works for me, I'm running UD6, but never had problems on any other FroYo rom either. Anyway I read that interview with Mr. Alfonso about Android and his new releases, and he says task managers are totally unnecessary with Android because it can handle it's own memory just fine. I kinda disagree, because if I don't want the FaceBook app open using my data then I need to have a program that closes it easily. I'm not sure what point he was trying to make, because there are battery benefits and data usage benefits from using a task killer.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I just replied to another thread, and I dont remember seeing any threads mentioning this before but Task Killers do not work with froyo. The mechanism that task killers use has been removed in froyo. So kill all background apps and they will show right back up.

I actually read a pretty good thread on here yesterday about how killing all tasks is not a good idea/unnecessary, it had a pretty interesting video too showing how the Android OS operates. So, I have since refrained from obsessively hitting the crack widget and I must say I have not noticed any difference. Phone doesn't seem to lag/freeze up or anything ...

I know the task killer is/will forever continue to be debated!