Task Killer - Killing my Time

Simpdom

Reaction score
Hey guys, having trouble with task killers. I like the idea that they're saving some battery power and keeping things running smoothly, but any task killer I have used (Automatic Task Killer, Advanced Task Killer) will kill (im pretty sure) whatever process that runs my clock widget on the homescreen. Therefore, my clock widget just freezes up and remains at the time it displayed when killed until I delete and re-add it. Can I tell the killer to ignore that process and if so which? Any feedback is appreciated. Small problem, big issue for my ocd.
Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just don't use a task killer. They are unneeded in Android OS.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Solution: Don't use task killers. ask any educated forum member or even the devs and they'll tell you not to use one. Google has actually come out and said that using one just interferes with the native task killer. Next time i'm on the computer I'll link you to the thread explaining exactly why you shouldn't use them. For now just uninstall it and see what improvements you get in battery life and performance

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
S

Simpdom

Reaction score
Wow, that's interesting. I wouldn't have thought of that. Uninstalling immediately, I was under the impression they were helpful. Im not as seasoned with android, hence my questions. Really appreciate the quick feedback guys! And I would be interested in reading that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JustisLewis

Reaction score
I would also recommend reading CVPCS's writeup, theres a link to it in the OP of the thread I linked to

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the idea that they're saving some battery power
FYI - anyone recommending task killers to improve battery life is misinformed. Auto killers can actually make battery life worse.