Anyway to upgrade early without paying Full Retail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lieblax

Reaction score
Well I'm pretty sure I'm going to take it in within the next 2 hours.

Some questions though:

When I get the new phone how do they go about transferring things. Like, my contacts, app info (like my games saved info) and all that. Does it all save to some backup thing that will recognize my email for the new phone?

Next question, how do Factory Resets work. What do I lose when I do it? Wondering if I should do one before returning my phone?

Do I keep the SD card in this phone and put it in the new one, or do they keep it in the phone?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Your contacts and all that should be backed up by the backup assistant. You can go to verizon's site and log in and they all should be listed there. For a factory reset you turn off the phone and then hold the power button and x (I think) and it will take you to the menu. As for your SD card, just take it out and put it in the new phone, then send your old one back.

TheTrigger

Reaction score
Theft? lol ok...

1.) Phone freezes every other time I try to play a game
2.) Phone has random reboots at least 2 times per day
3.) Phone types every first letter of every word twice Kkinda llike tthis when I use my physical keyboard. The only way I've found to fix it is to Install Gingerbread Keyboard. Which takes up a nice chuck of my CPU.
4.) My CPU hits 100% every time I turn around, and I have every possible thing on my Auto-End list that can be on it.
5.) I have had this annoying little problem with my screen backlight not coming back on after calls are ended unless I hit the power button.
6.) My notifications don't "Notify" me for a damn for things like Facebook or Games like they should.
7.) And this is not so much a defective problem with the phone, but I would prefer a bigger screen. 3.7" doesn't cut it for me anymore and I would like to upgrade to something 4.3"/4" (minimum)
8.) I would also like a phone with a FFC so I can web chat with family and friends from back home, again not a problem, just something I would like now that I'me xperienced in the world of Smart phones.
9.) My music headphone jack is defective, it only picks up full Audio sound when chords are plugged in, I have to adjust the Jack at a most specific angle to get the sound to come out properly. And I've had to do this to about 17 different wires now. Yes I test my shiz before I gripe about them.

But sure, if you want to call me wanting something new without having to cough up $500 by maybe even playing half price or discounted price because "I" (not you) have a defective piece of hardware and don't feel like returning it for the same phone that I already know I don't like, and have read thread upon thread on other forums about people having the same problems, stealing. Then yes, I'm trying to steal :D

Number 4 is probably the reason behind some of your problems. Most apps when ended, will just start back up. So you have a seperate app, working on ending, who knows how many apps, that are all starting and ending over and over and over.

maxwellag

Reaction score
Theft? lol ok...

1.) Phone freezes every other time I try to play a game
2.) Phone has random reboots at least 2 times per day
3.) Phone types every first letter of every word twice Kkinda llike tthis when I use my physical keyboard. The only way I've found to fix it is to Install Gingerbread Keyboard. Which takes up a nice chuck of my CPU.
4.) My CPU hits 100% every time I turn around, and I have every possible thing on my Auto-End list that can be on it.
5.) I have had this annoying little problem with my screen backlight not coming back on after calls are ended unless I hit the power button.
6.) My notifications don't "Notify" me for a damn for things like Facebook or Games like they should.
7.) And this is not so much a defective problem with the phone, but I would prefer a bigger screen. 3.7" doesn't cut it for me anymore and I would like to upgrade to something 4.3"/4" (minimum)
8.) I would also like a phone with a FFC so I can web chat with family and friends from back home, again not a problem, just something I would like now that I'me xperienced in the world of Smart phones.
9.) My music headphone jack is defective, it only picks up full Audio sound when chords are plugged in, I have to adjust the Jack at a most specific angle to get the sound to come out properly. And I've had to do this to about 17 different wires now. Yes I test my shiz before I gripe about them.

But sure, if you want to call me wanting something new without having to cough up $500 by maybe even playing half price or discounted price because "I" (not you) have a defective piece of hardware and don't feel like returning it for the same phone that I already know I don't like, and have read thread upon thread on other forums about people having the same problems, stealing. Then yes, I'm trying to steal :D

I have the same exact problems. It freezes all the time, randomly resets, if I freezes I try locking the screen to see if it helps and it wont turn back on when trying to unlock, and on facebook it seems to type every first letter of a word twice. I hate this phone. Im gonna start complaining to them every day. If they don't give me the droid 3 because I know the d2g is the same as I have it, im probably going to leave Verizon. Mine also has horrible battery life. It doesn't last a day.

Last edited:
OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
thinking about just waiting for my 1 year to be up and go back in and try to upgrade to a new phone, who knows what else will be out by then, I just want to get rid of this D2G.

mike_merryguy

Reaction score
mine would reboot often too, get rid of that Auto end crap, bad mojo, also some aps that run in backround can cause issues and be the culprit, uninstall them one at a time for a day or so to see which one is causing the problem, I had a Locate Your Phone ap, that when you sent a text with a string it would beep super loud till you found it, think that was causing my problem, not sure yet though as i havn't reinstalled it since factory reset
you gotta keep in mind this thing is a PC in your pocket and software made by some 3rd party may not work 100% even though they fix bugs, the developer may never know that its his ap causing the problem b/c no one puts two and two together... also it could be a combination of two aps conflictin trying to use the same resources at the same time overloading CPU and bam phone resets to "save itself" from self destruction...

as for problem 5 make sure your screen protector has two cut outs at the very top of the screen for sensors...

6. could be your notification settings, maybe you just have them off or a bad data connection..

but 9. is a harware issue so call verizon and they will send you a new phone...

take out SDcard, hit power while holding X and when you get a Yellow guy with a "!" hit the hard key magnify glass, goto factory reset and everything is gone...

your new phone will need to be setup like you just bought it but if you run the Backup assist ap your contacts will transfer over, (run on old device first to upload)

as far as email, go into settings and write down your current settings, b/c they won't transfer either...

aps you will also have to write them down

there is NO easy way to backup man sorry...

Byakushiki

Reaction score
There is, just use titanium backup for apps

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

darinr80

Reaction score
Sure. Put friends on your plan (family share plan) and use their upgrades to upgrade your phone. Easy, and that's the cost of them using your plan. :)

maxwellag

Reaction score
Sure. Put friends on your plan (family share plan) and use their upgrades to upgrade your phone. Easy, and that's the cost of them using your plan. :)

What do you, mean use your friends upgrades? What if they don't have any upgrades soon either?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

darinr80

Reaction score
Oh I was partially joking, but we do have two friends on our plan and we were able to use one of their upgrades instead of waiting for ours. Of course yes, they need to have an upgrade for you to use.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Insidious

Reaction score
Wow I barely make 5 hours on my D2G! Even with moderate use! Its like using an lte phone only 3g! It sucks!

Sent from my now completely stock DROID2 Global :(

captain howdy

Reaction score
Wow I barely make 5 hours on my D2G! Even with moderate use! Its like using an lte phone only 3g! It sucks!

Sent from my now completely stock DROID2 Global :(

And what the hell does this have to do with the topic? I say epic fail!

Reaction score
No chance if you haven't gotten at least 15 replacements and have one year with your old device and are the primary owner of the line

"bwwaahhh ttsssss"

Take a look at my thread "Another replacement having issues" and view my latest reply on the thread. that should give you more of an understanding what it takes to get a "upgrade" through Verizon. Please note that i am on the Secondary line, not the Primary and i have in fact only been with Verizon since the beginning of April this year.

maxwellag

Reaction score
And what the hell does this have to do with the topic? I say epic fail!

I say epic fail on your part. This thread is about issues we are having, and any possible ways to jump ship...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread closed. Bickering, get out of jail free cards and name calling are not tolerated on DF. Please keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.