anyone with leak get ota ics??

flamewalker

Reaction score
Yes f Android it will wipe most data again just like when you loaded 5. You will have to re customize home screens and reinstall apps etc.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes f Android it will wipe most data again just like when you loaded 5. You will have to re customize home screens and reinstall apps etc.
I have the .12 on my computer, but if that is the case I will stay with the .10 leak which is working just fine for me.

DroDough

Reaction score
frandroid2 said:
Can I flash the ota leak over the .5 leak?

You can flash the .12 right over .5. Honestly I would flash the .10. I went from .10 to .12 yesterday, I feel like my battery is a little worse, also with .12 I have noticed that my gmail in accounts and sync constantly tries to sync when not connected to WiFi which uses more battery.

DroDough

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
I have the .12 on my computer, but if that is the case I will stay with the .10 leak which is working just fine for me.

My gmail in accounts and settings seems to constantly try to sync when not connected to WiFi which uses battery. I will keep you posted on more as I find.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm on the second day of .12 and I've had no issues. Everything is the same if not better in a few small areas. I just got back from my sis-in-law's house. They have 4g and I got some smoking hot speeds. 28mbs down and 14mbs up. That's faster then my wifi with Comcast.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
I'm on the second day of .12 and I've had no issues. Everything is the same if not better in a few small areas. I just got back from my sis-in-law's house. They have 4g and I got some smoking hot speeds. 28mbs down and 14mbs up. That's faster then my wifi with Comcast.

Some here. .10 was an improvement but had a few glitches. .12 has been great for me so far.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I also have no negative experiences with .12, and the changelog from .10 to .12 was very trivial.

I do not think anyone really wants to stay on a leak forever.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
So is it decided then? Anyone who flashed a leak isn't getting the OTA update, and if we want the latest we will need to flash again.

Also, once updates to .12 are flashed will we be on track for getting all future updates OTA? Or are we going to forever have to erase our phones and flash to keep the latest. Just curious.

HowardZ

Reaction score
So is it decided then? Anyone who flashed a leak isn't getting the OTA update, and if we want the latest we will need to flash again.

Also, once updates to .12 are flashed will we be on track for getting all future updates OTA? Or are we going to forever have to erase our phones and flash to keep the latest. Just curious.

To the best of my knowledge the answers to both questions are YES.

Upgrading via ruu versus OTA makes no difference regarding future updates.

I am pessimistic concerning prospects for a future update to 4.1 jelly beans. I am looking to cyanogenmod 10 for jb in the future.

Last edited:

mike7728

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
I'm loading .12 now. At first it didn't see it and I couldn't figure out why. It was on the right sd card and it was named right, so I thought. I went into my file manager and saw that it had two ".zip" attached to the file. One I added when I renamed the file and I'm guessing one my phone added. I deleted on of them and now I'm off to the races. I was going to hold off but I figured what the heck, lets get back into the update loop. I'll let you know if there are any differences between .5 and .12.

If u are using a windows based computer,it automatically adds a .zip to the end of a file name,if anyone else is having issues flashing the.12 leak check your file name

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I am pessimistic concerning prospects for a future update to 4.1 jelly beans. I am looking to cyanogenmod 10 for jb in the future.
Has it been confirmed that they will support the Rezound? I could not find any evidence on their site that the Rezound would be one of the supported devices.

mike7728

Reaction score
JeffDenver said:
Has it been confirmed that they will support the Rezound? I could not find any evidence on their site that the Rezound would be one of the supported devices.

That would be awesome,but I don't think it will happen

DroDough

Reaction score
LoudRam said:

Have you had any issues with gmail? Since I went from .10 to .12 my gmail under google in accounts and sync seems to constantly be trying to sync when not connected to WiFi.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Have you had any issues with gmail? Since I went from .10 to .12 my gmail under google in accounts and sync seems to constantly be trying to sync when not connected to WiFi.

I keep my Gmail sync off along with my Google calender, Yahoo email, and pretty much everything else. I sync each app as I open it or need it. I've always done it this way. So I don't have this issue. However if you need to change the sync settings in Gmail go into either "settings"--->"accounts and sync" or open your Gmail and go into "settings"--->and then open each individual account and adjust the sync options there.