anyone with leak get ota ics??

HowardZ

Reaction score
Has it been confirmed that they will support the Rezound? I could not find any evidence on their site that the Rezound would be one of the supported devices.

over at xda forums developers have initial cm9 and aokp released. they obviously need more work, but are here. I think the devs need HTC source to fix everything.

I am not aware that cm10 will be out of reach. if the developers still own rezound phones, I anticipate it will come to fruition.

ADDChild

Reaction score
Here's my experience with the OTA update on both a stock Gingerbread HTC Rezound and a leaked stock ICS on my girlfriends rezound. I tried checking for software updates on both phones and only on the stock Gingerbread phone was the OTA update found. The leaked ICS update will not find the OTA update. That said, I have yet to find a difference between the update and the leaked ICS other than the version #. If it really bothers you that you aren't on the most up to date version, then head over to Android police and download the full rom. Only downside to that is you have to wipe your data. The OTA update avoids having to wipe your data.

grody57

Reaction score
Just so that I am clear, from what I've read... I have a leaked ICS version .5. My Rezound is NOT rooted. However, to get back on track with any OTA updates, I must manually install the ICS version .12. From what I am understanding, this will wipe my phone, like when I installed the leak, is that correct? Is there a way to install the update manually without wiping my data/settings??

Any help is greatly appreciated!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
grody57 said:
Just so that I am clear, from what I've read... I have a leaked ICS version .5. My Rezound is NOT rooted. However, to get back on track with any OTA updates, I must manually install the ICS version .12. From what I am understanding, this will wipe my phone, like when I installed the leak, is that correct? Is there a way to install the update manually without wiping my data/settings??

Any help is greatly appreciated!

You have it exactly right. And no, there is no way (that I know of) of installing the final version on an unrooted phone without wiping everything.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

grody57

Reaction score
You have it exactly right. And no, there is no way (that I know of) of installing the final version on an unrooted phone without wiping everything.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Thank you very much!

grody57

Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of the .zip file they can e-mail? I've tried 8 times now, and every time, I get "completed" at 32MB.

grody57

Reaction score
Giving that a shot... It's super duper slow, only 3 seeds available. But hopefully, it will work! Thank you!!

HowardZ

Reaction score
Giving that a shot... It's super duper slow, only 3 seeds available. But hopefully, it will work! Thank you!!

In your uTorrent settings enable encryption.

I personally keep encryption set to forced and I disable legacy connections. Thus all my connections are only encrypted. if you have encryption disabled, I will never share the file with you

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
So i'm trying to go back to GB so I can receive the ICS OTA and future updates....I downloaded the link for the GB ruu.exe on XDA's website in post 3 BUT I don't have access to a PC or really understand the instructions on there site....Im on the .5 leak and that was simple to install...download...rename...reboot...and run..........is there a GB version like that I can download? Or does anyone have a mac that can explain the process of getting back to GB so I can receive the OTA update and future fixes that push out OTA??? I love getting the OTA updates...its like christmas morning to me when I wake up and see it on my phone! LoL :)

acejavelin

Reaction score
So i'm trying to go back to GB so I can receive the ICS OTA and future updates....I downloaded the link for the GB ruu.exe on XDA's website in post 3 BUT I don't have access to a PC or really understand the instructions on there site....Im on the .5 leak and that was simple to install...download...rename...reboot...and run..........is there a GB version like that I can download? Or does anyone have a mac that can explain the process of getting back to GB so I can receive the OTA update and future fixes that push out OTA??? I love getting the OTA updates...its like christmas morning to me when I wake up and see it on my phone! LoL :)
They are all here: [RUU] HTC Rezound RUU RoundUp - Rezound Development - Mobile-Overload the one you want is 2.01.605.11_ZIP... the site is a little slow, but it works!

DroDough

Reaction score
Stealth_tC said:
Ok, After downloading the file, I just stick it on the root of my sd card and re-boot into bootloader and it should run right??

Use a file exploerer app on the phone such as, solid exploerer. After you place the file on the root of the sd card, go into the file exploerer app and make sure the file is labeled as "PH98IMG.zip" if you have it labeled right then yes it will automatically run when you start in bootloader. Keep in mind this will erase any internal memory you have. You can download an app called "my backup" to backup before you update and to restore after you update.