anyone with leak get ota ics??

DroDough

Reaction score
Stealth_tC said:
Ok, After downloading the file, I just stick it on the root of my sd card and re-boot into bootloader and it should run right??

Also make sure the file name does not have the quotation marks that I added in the last post, I just added those so you could tell where the file name started and ended.

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
DroDough said:
Use a file exploerer app on the phone such as, solid exploerer. After you place the file on the root of the sd card, go into the file exploerer app and make sure the file is labeled as "PH98IMG.zip" if you have it labeled right then yes it will automatically run when you start in bootloader. Keep in mind this will erase any internal memory you have. You can download an app called "my backup" to backup before you update and to restore after you update.

Ok, I tried that and it started with no problems then it said something about "update failed" older version.....any ideas? I AM trying to reverse the version but I didn't think it would NOT let me do it.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I tried that and it started with no problems then it said something about "update failed" older version.....any ideas? I AM trying to reverse the version but I didn't think it would NOT let me do it.
What version of ICS where you on before the .12 leak, I went from the .10 to the .12 with no issues.

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
What version of ICS where you on before the .12 leak, I went from the .10 to the .12 with no issues.

I'm on the .5 leak. Trying to get back to gb so I can push the ota update.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Why not just flash the .12 RUU? It is generally believed that you will get future OTA updates after that, since all version numbers are identical in the RUU and the OTA.

DroDough

Reaction score
Stealth_tC said:
I'm on the .5 leak. Trying to get back to gb so I can push the ota update.

I would just flash the .12 version. It is the same exact process. As for receiving future ota updates, you should get them since the .12 is what Verizon recognizes as being the latest software. If you need the .12 ruu pm me your email and I can send it to you.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
You can not go back to GB once on ICS, why not just flash the .12 and be done with it.

You can always go back to GB, it is just a pain and carries a little risk.

The only thing that can never be "undone" is Unlocking from HTC's website. Once you unlock, they know about it, and it is on record even if you re-lock again in the future. Other than that, you can always restore your phone completely to stock if you jump through enough hoops.

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
I would just flash the .12 version. It is the same exact process. As for receiving future ota updates, you should get them since the .12 is what Verizon recognizes as being the latest software. If you need the .12 ruu pm me your email and I can send it to you.

So I went ahead and flashed the .12 version ( Thanks DroDough ) however I wish I hadn't! LoL Its definitely slower and has more problems then .5 did, at least that I noticed. It seems to be running OK but in my opinion .5 ran better.

Thanks everyone for the help!

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I am glad I held off.

Flash the new OTA and let us know if that fixes it.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3

Interesting, but I'm going to hold off until I know more about this build. Even AP admit that they don't know what the improvements are with the exception of having global capabilities. I'm not going to go through the pain of reinstalling everything on my phone and setting it up again just to get a global feature that I'll never use. That and correct me if I'm wrong but if the .12 RUU puts us back onto the update path and this should be pushed to our phones eventually? If that is the case, I can wait until the OTA.

Last edited:

DroDough

Reaction score
Stealth_tC said:
So I went ahead and flashed the .12 version ( Thanks DroDough ) however I wish I hadn't! LoL Its definitely slower and has more problems then .5 did, at least that I noticed. It seems to be running OK but in my opinion .5 ran better.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Do you still have the .5 or even the .10 build?

jonpearson

Reaction score
I just upgraded from the .10 leak last night because I wanted the latest version...seem the same.