ICS better on the Rezound?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Is it me or does it seem like every other phone getting the ota ICS upgrade or an ICS leak is having all kinds of issues and or bugs while the leak for the Rezound has been pretty much solid? At least the second two leaks anyway.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

raptor5k

Reaction score
I have been waiting for the official OTA, but i'm about 2 weeks or less from giving up and going with the last leak. is it pretty easy to install? Where can I find it?

mike7728

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
Is it me or does it seem like every other phone getting the ota ICS upgrade or an ICS leak is having all kinds of issues and or bugs while the leak for the Rezound has been pretty much solid? At least the second two leaks anyway.

It's not only you,it seems Motorola's are way behind,The raze and maxx was suppose to have it by April,with the Bionic getting a month behind them,too many bugs popping up,makes me a little more proud to own a HTC REZOUND...

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
mike7728 said:
It's not only you,it seems Motorola's are way behind,The raze and maxx was suppose to have it by April,with the Bionic getting a month behind them,too many bugs popping up,makes me a little more proud to own a HTC REZOUND...

Yep exactly, Moto really messed up ICS. Think about it. ICS is ICS. Google puts out the same OS for everyone. VZ adds pretty much the same bloat to ICS so the only difference is what Moto and HTC adds. I've always loved and owned HTC smart phones.

mike7728

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
Yep exactly, Moto really messed up ICS. Think about it. ICS is ICS. Google puts out the same OS for everyone. VZ adds pretty much the same bloat to ICS so the only difference is what Moto and HTC adds. I've always loved and owned HTC smart phones.

I don't plan on buying from any other manufacturers,after owning this beast...

hydro556

Reaction score
Having come over from a Galaxy Nexus, (My wife owns it now, and will NOT trade even if I wanted to) and having used ICS for a few months before getting a Rezound when they were $50, ICS is what I miss most.

The GNex has a substantially better OS (ICS) and a better screen. (I love the color saturation on the Nexus, just a beautiful screen, numbers aside. It just looks better). Everywhere else I think the Rezound is better, or at least will be, if they ever freaking deliver ICS.

I am getting tired of waiting and hope it comes soon. ICS is way better than our OS. It is not even close. I love my Rezound, but if they will bring over a well done version of ICS, the Rezound will be peerless. Get it done already.

mike7728

Reaction score
hydro556 said:
Having come over from a Galaxy Nexus, (My wife owns it now, and will NOT trade even if I wanted to) and having used ICS for a few months before getting a Rezound when they were $50, ICS is what I miss most.

The GNex has a substantially better OS (ICS) and a better screen. (I love the color saturation on the Nexus, just a beautiful screen, numbers aside. It just looks better). Everywhere else I think the Rezound is better, or at least will be, if they ever freaking deliver ICS.

I am getting tired of waiting and hope it comes soon. ICS is way better than our OS. It is not even close. I love my Rezound, but if they will bring over a well done version of ICS, the Rezound will be peerless. Get it done already.

I have the latest leak flashed on mine,and its like having a new phone,better battery life,runs very smooth,and folders for home page widgets.slick

hoboX10

Reaction score

Yeah, the screen really isn't better. The colors aren't saturated, they are oversaturated which looks terrible. I loved the samoled+ screen but rezound is better than samoledhd. Only thing better is slcd2 on the one x.

hydro556

Reaction score
Yeah, the screen really isn't better. The colors aren't saturated, they are oversaturated which looks terrible. I loved the samoled+ screen but rezound is better than samoledhd. Only thing better is slcd2 on the one x.

Yeah, that is a subjective opinion. I am just telling you from someone who owns both devices, and have for months. After messing with all the settings, trying many different types of viewing, I personally prefer the GNex's screen over the Rezound. The Rezound has a good screen, and looking only at it, I like it pretty well. Put the Nexus in your other hand and view the same stuff from the same same source at the same time with tweaked settings, and the GNex is much better.

It is what it is. I am a Rezound owner and love the device, but I can be objective. For the intended purposes both devices have screens that work, the GNex is just much more pleasant to look at. I dont know of a screen that looks as good as the GNex, and I am a screen junkie, and look at as many as I can.