Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I actually lose bluetooth connection at home when leave my phone in certain areas, so it'll be nice for that. I've also got wifi at work, so I could leave my phone in my desk if I wanted. Don't really see that happening, but nice to know it's there. Of course, the deciding factor will be usefulness vs. battery consumption.

Flicking through cards with the wrist & drawing emojis seem like they'll be useful & I like the idea of the crown button & being able to use round faces more easily. I'm guessing they'll be bigger than they appear on the G watch.

I may regret spending the money down the road, especially if some major breakthrough is made between now & the holiday season, but I got enough back from taxes to pay my car off & buy the watch. I'll hand on to the og watch for a while. If nothing else, for doing yardwork/etc.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, I do too, but then what?? Find my phone still going to vibrate at me?
Will I also leave my phone on my desk because I'm out of range but still connected? Will it vibrate when the watch drops wifi!?
I need answers, Kansas! :)

TapaTurbo

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Will I also leave my phone on my desk because I'm out of range but still connected? Will it vibrate when the watch drops wifi!?

TapaTurbo
Happy to oblige as soon as it's delivered. Just read an article on AW 5.1. Device manager still rang the author's phone over wifi, which would be nice in my case of sometimes being out of bt range in my house. The article mentioned that scenario as the best case use example, since you still need the phone to connect to a wifi network you don't already have saved. Will test it out on my public network at work, which requires users to accept terms with a splash page. (I'll just add the MAC to the white list if it won't work, but will be nice to know. Wondering if wear mini browser can help with that...)

I would assume the "find my phone" app that we all have will still alert, as it monitors the bt connection from what I understand. According to that same article, the hand off between bt & wifi is a bit clunky atm.

Keep track of your questions. I'm happy to create a new thread with answers & other findings once I get the watch. Should be here tomorrow or the next day.

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

TapaTurbo
Ok. So, I tried it. Find my phone still vibrated when I lost bt connection, because it took a little bit for wifi to fire up & connect. I'll have to try another time to walk down or across the street & lose wifi after successfully handing off.

I'm also not sure if it actually sent the emoji I drew before I got back in range. That works as advertised.

Tilt gestures to scroll cards takes some getting used to.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ok. The 2 emojis I sent before heading back in the house did send, but didn't show on my watch in conversation view. Just found them on the phone.

Sent from my Note 4

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Today has been one full year for me with my LG G Watch. Still wearing it every day and its still running good. A few small dings and scrapes along the way, but it still looks good, battery lasts all day, and does everything I expect it to do. Every time I think about buying a newer model I realize "that's a lot of $ for something that can't do anything more than this $90 watch can" and put my debit card away. I will probably keep wearing it until it dies and then see what else is available.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm glad I made the jump to the Urbane, but I only did so because I had a little extra cash at tax time this year.

I like that it can jump on WiFi & work out of BT range & the heart rate sensor is nice since I have a history of tachycardia. Other than those things & the overall look of the device, I would've kept the OG G Watch. It's still on my dresser. Haha

But, like you, I don't see myself upgrading for quite some time. Definitely not as often as I like to upgrade my phones until if/when the prices come way down on them. But even then, I keep an analog watch for a very long time when I wear them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Also, we've got a baby on the way now, so my frivolous spending budget is going the way of the dodo for a while. Haha

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Also, we've got a baby on the way now, so my frivolous spending budget is going the way of the dodo for a while. Haha

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Congrats on the new addition to the family! I know what you mean, it definitely shifts your priorities to what they need, but that's a good thing. In about 18 years you can shift your priorities back to you...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Luckily, my wife works for the hospital that we're having the baby at, so at least we'll save a ton of money to start, but life's gonna be completely different starting in July. We've got my stepson who's 6, so she's been through all of this before. The closest I've been is my niece and nephew. He's in college and she's a few years behind him. That was nothing compared to what I'm in for, but I'm excited for sure. We want to have at least one more after this one.

I just realized this is the first time I think I've mentioned it in the open forum. I posted in the Top Secret Mod section a while ago because I was dying to make it more public, but we hadn't told all of the important family members in person yet.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Because it is a minor upgrade as you said: I am wondering why I upgraded. LOL Sort of kidding....
I am the guy that has everything and wife needed to buy me SOMETHING. :D

I got the 360v2. I like it. I love it being round. Hard to describe exactly but the glass is 'slicker' if that makes any sense. Glass is glass, right? I don't know, swiping away stuff feels smoother to the touch. Might be a sensitivity thing and I'm 'reading' it as if it's the glass? Dunno.
Used the wifi once. I don't really see much need.
I do hate the flat tire as much as I thought I would. I just do not understand the decision to do that. I can live with it, but just let me manage my own brightness, ok? Running in AUTO to use that sensor (which I've been doing) doesn't seem to have any effect on the battery after running at level 1 the past 2 days. I don't think white faces looks good at all on any smartwatch, so I don't use them.
BTW, battery life is actually a touch WORSE then my 1 year old LG G watch. Hold on to that thing, Sajo, unless you REALLY want round.

Congratulations, Johnny!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I do want a round watch, that's my only complaint with the G Watch, I am not a fan of square. But I have grown used to it. I have several major expenses coming in January for my vehicles and home, so no new watch for me anytime soon. I will probably hold onto this one until it flat out dies on me.