G Watch on sale again

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea, if the Zen Watch or the Urbane had better specs or something I might consider an upgrade ONLY because I only paid $100 for mine. And now that Google is offering $50 in Play Credit for any Android Wear watch that might tempt me. But I'm not upgrading to something that has the same processor my watch has. I'm thinking a new watch might be on my Christmas List for 2015. I'm good with my G until then. :D
May I ask why you want a bigger processor? Do you find yours lacking or lagging?
As far as the trend towards round,I hope that doesn't become the only option in the future. I haven't had a round watch since my Mickey Mouse watch as a kid.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
May I ask why you want a bigger processor? Do you find yours lacking or lagging?
As far as the trend towards round,I hope that doesn't become the only option in the future. I haven't had a round watch since my Mickey Mouse watch as a kid.
I could see them going to a slightly up to date processor. That would help for some of the lag. But I guess for me the sweet spot for a smart watch is in the 80-99 range. Anything more and it is not for me. For what I use it for being an extension of my phone I really don't want it doing much. Basically show me my notifications, allow me to switch my phone from silent to volume back to silent without taking my phone out my pocket, and allow me to interact with multimedia such as music (ie pause, play, skip, repeat). Anything else I can grab my $700 phone to handle.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

Purely because of that upgrade factor. I don't WANT or NEED a bigger proccy, I'm just saying if there was a watch with newer specs: better proccy, higher res screen, stuff like, that it might tempt me to upgrade. But as no watch out there is any serious improvement other then the shape, there's nothing that would make me want to upgrade.

I don't think they will all be round going forward either.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Purely because of that upgrade factor. I don't WANT or NEED a bigger proccy, I'm just saying if there was a watch with newer specs: better proccy, higher res screen, stuff like, that it might tempt me to upgrade. But as no watch out there is any serious improvement other then the shape, there's nothing that would make me want to upgrade.

I don't think they will all be round going forward either.
Thanks. I see the bigger processor coming at a battery life expense so I'd want to see it also include either a huge leap in efficiency or/and more mah battery. With Wi-Fi becoming a norm, lte radios added, etc what'd be really really cool would be incorporate some sort of ecodrive type charging system to supplement the wall wart method.
My first ever digital watch, in '75 was red led that showed time/date/seconds only, the battery lasted about a month , was about $10 to replace and had to be done by a jeweler kinda reminds me of where we are today vs where we'll be soon. My current hrm/watch cost about the same as my first , does a lot more things , the battery costs about the same but lasts around 7 years . In just 2 years we've gone from a Gear 1 that touted half a day between charges to 2+ days, from a half baked notifier to Android having its own app section and Apple getting involved and there being talk of yet a 4th os (Webos) involved. Reminds me of when Armitron,Casio, etc decided to take on Timex for digital watch supremacy. We all got better stuff for less money in the end.