<><

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
On its way. I actually lost .95 cents on the deal. ;) I blame it on the size of the box I sent.
No big deal.
I found that much money under my drivers seat last night while washing the car. :D :D
#TeamPlayer

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Awesome deal Pere. Congrats to the new owner, hope you enjoy it!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Please snap a pic of the box when you get it. ;)

gr8akia

Reaction score
*Ahem. Any thoughts?!? :D

Sorry everyone, being company property can be a little overwhelming! So far, the watch has been great! I haven't done much personalization other than choosing a face I like. There are some basic things I really enjoy, like having a grocery list in a txt so I can leave it open without constantly pulling my phone out. And caller ID to screen calls at a glance. The gestures really irked me for a while before I knew it existed lol night time driving was pretty distracting till I discovered there was an option for theater mode.

Out of curiosity, will these watches update like phones? Can they be unlocked/rooted? Nothing I want to mess with, but even being a simple watch, I feel that settings/potential personalization is pretty constricted.

(I can hear the booming voice now) THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT lol

I feel that if LG went out of their way to put a speaker and a mic on the watch, it can be used as a BT headset. And if both messenger and Gmail are pre-installed apps for Android phones, why can gmail use talk to text, but messenger cannot? Can notification sounds be set for the watch for different apps? I have not found a way yet.

23fdc81739a4efe9511e094a1ff7c9fb.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
...Out of curiosity, will these watches update like phones? Can they be unlocked/rooted? Nothing I want to mess with, but even being a simple watch, I feel that settings/potential personalization is pretty constricted.

(I can hear the booming voice now) THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT lol

I feel that if LG went out of their way to put a speaker and a mic on the watch, it can be used as a BT headset. And if both messenger and Gmail are pre-installed apps for Android phones, why can gmail use talk to text, but messenger cannot? Can notification sounds be set for the watch for different apps? I have not found a way yet.

Glad you are enjoying your new AW watch! Very cool. :D

Yes, I believe they can be rooted. I'm not sure of the process, or what you gain from it but I think there are some posts around her about it.

AW watches update similar to phones. In the Settings menu > About > there is an option to Check For Updates to manually check for new updates. Or, your watch will also automatically check from time-to-time and notify you that a new update is available.

Keep in mind that the LG G Watch was the first (or one of the first AW watches ever made) and newer watches do offer more functionality. The G watch is still fully capable and an awesome AW watch, but it is an older model and newer ones have a few more options.

I don't believe Notification sounds can be set for watch Notifications since the watch only vibrates. It does not have an external speaker, that I am aware of. It just vibrates for each new Notification.

gr8akia

Reaction score
Glad you are enjoying your new AW watch! Very cool. :D

Yes, I believe they can be rooted. I'm not sure of the process, or what you gain from it but I think there are some posts around her about it.

AW watches update similar to phones. In the Settings menu > About > there is an option to Check For Updates to manually check for new updates. Or, your watch will also automatically check from time-to-time and notify you that a new update is available.

Keep in mind that the LG G Watch was the first (or one of the first AW watches ever made) and newer watches do offer more functionality. The G watch is still fully capable and an awesome AW watch, but it is an older model and newer ones have a few more options.

I don't believe Notification sounds can be set for watch Notifications since the watch only vibrates. It does not have an external speaker, that I am aware of. It just vibrates for each new Notification.
I could have sworn it made a sound the other day lol I'm not really sure. I can't wear it while at work, so my exposure time is very limited.