G Watch on sale again

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Another great deal. Thanks for sharing. Well worth the $99.99 IMO.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Tempting. I really want the Sony Smartwatch 3, but for $99...

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Pretty much what many of us did the last time this went on sale. lol

I suppose I should have put this where more people will see it, eh?
Thoughts?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Pretty much what many of us did the last time this went on sale. lol

I suppose I should have put this where more people will see it, eh?
Thoughts?
Idk about other people, but I tend to gravitate towards "Active Topics" (or Unread on Tapatalk) when I've been away for a little bit.

As long as discussion continues, this thread will stay near the top of that list.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Tempting. I really want the Sony Smartwatch 3, but for $99...
It's a great price to get into the tech and see if it's really something you're interested in investing more in.

As Pere said, most of us jumped on the same deal around Christmas or found a gently used on on ebay.

With that in mind, I think we've all commented on one thread or another about the newer watches being announced that we're happy with the G Watch and not planning on upgrading until the specs get further out from where we already are.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It's a great price to get into the tech and see if it's really something you're interested in investing more in.

As Pere said, most of us jumped on the same deal around Christmas or found a gently used on on ebay.

With that in mind, I think we've all commented on one thread or another about the newer watches being announced that we're happy with the G Watch and not planning on upgrading until the specs get further out from where we already are.
I have a MotoACTV that I love, so a more advanced smartwatch is definitely something I want to invest in. The Sony Smartwatch 3 just has all of the features I want (many of which carry over from the MotoACTV). No other Android Wear device has everything I'm looking for.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yes, that's exactly why I got one.
Didn't know if I'd use it. Didn't know if I'd like it. No way am I paying $200-$300 on something I'm unsure about.
$100? That's a no brainer. Even if I hated it, I could get $80 for it on EBay.
Turns out I love it. Now I got in on the ground floor for $100 and don't feel bad upgrading for full price in 2 years for a 360 v2, Urbane v2 or ZenWatch v2.

TapaTurbo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes, that's exactly why I got one.
Didn't know if I'd use it. Didn't know if I'd like it. No way am I paying $200-$300 on something I'm unsure about.
$100? That's a no brainer. Even if I hated it, I could get $80 for it on EBay.
Turns out I love it. Now I got in on the ground floor for $100 and don't feel bad upgrading for full price in 2 years for a 360 v2, Urbane v2 or ZenWatch v2.

TapaTurbo
Ditto! My reasons and thoughts were and still are exactly the same.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
ANNNNND: THEY'RE GONE!!!!!

No longer for sale on Verizon's website, this was obviously a sale to get rid of the remaining stock. Will there be a G Watch 2? I'm guessing not. I think the Urbane or the next gen Urbane will be the 2nd Gen G Watch... or whatever comes next. I'm guessing no one took advantage of this deal?!?!? I would hope you could possibly get them in stores, maybe, if you're lucky and they have any left.
Of course you can still get it for $229 from Google. ;)

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
ANNNNND: THEY'RE GONE!!!!!

No longer for sale on Verizon's website, this was obviously a sale to get rid of the remaining stock. Will there be a G Watch 2? I'm guessing not. I think the Urbane or the next gen Urbane will be the 2nd Gen G Watch... or whatever comes next. I'm guessing no one took advantage of this deal?!?!? I would hope you could possibly get them in stores, maybe, if you';re lucky and they have any left.
Of course you can still get it for $229 from Google. ;)

You are probably correct, one final sale to clear stock. There are still some on E Bay for 109.99 brand new. That's still a great price, IMO. As others have stated a few times, it's a great watch and a good way to get into AW for around a hundred bucks. A few people have commented on mine and said "I'm going to look for another sale like that and get one for (husband, boyfriend, father, son, etc.). I hope they took advantage of the recent sale, they probably are not members here & we'll never know.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have to agree with you. I don't see another iteration of the og G Watch coming out. They've figured out the key to making attractive round devices that more closely resemble a traditional watch.

As we've both expressed in other threads, I don't see myself upgrading this time around as the newer generation starts coming out, but I guess you never know how oems will surprise us. I still don't see the specs surpassing what I've already got enough at this point though.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, if the Zen Watch or the Urbane had better specs or something I might consider an upgrade ONLY because I only paid $100 for mine. And now that Google is offering $50 in Play Credit for any Android Wear watch that might tempt me. But I'm not upgrading to something that has the same processor my watch has. I'm thinking a new watch might be on my Christmas List for 2015. I'm good with my G until then. :D