Anyone have an LG G watch?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It remembered my watch. But there are new mandatory check boxes to allow Google permissions when I reinstalled the AW app and opened it. Wish that would have been clear in the Google app update log. Bug fixes and improvements......sure!!!
Edit: maybe those options were always in the AW app and I just don't remember them when I first set it up? Curious to see if anyone else has to redo the AW app after the Google app update.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just curious: did you setup your watch as a trusted device after the Lollipop update @JonnyKansas ? How is trusted devices working with 5.0?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yes & it's awesome. No need to use a pin or pattern when the watch is connected. I had forgotten about it, but my watch disconnected for a second right before I went to unlock it & I was presented with a prompt for my pin. I'm pleased.

Heard reports that trusted location doesn't seem to be working very well, so happy to know I can bypass the lockscreen with my watch connected, but anyone who takes off with my phone won't get in. & my watch will alert me that the phone has gone missing.

Had to reset the watch & repair it after the fdr, but no issue there.

Sent from my Note 4

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good to know. Its great that everyone running Lollipop can have that feature now. I have all my BT devices set up as a TD & love it. Was just showing a coworker how to use it the other day with his Droid Maxx, he had no idea it was available.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Didn't realize the Maxx has it, too. I never even used a lock screen on any phone until I got my Turbo. Don't like them. But now I use pattern unlock thanks to TD.

TapaTurbo

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Same here. I tried for a while when I first got the Note & because I had a VPN set up for work, which required it. But I didn't use the VPN enough to keep it, so I removed it & the lockscreen. Like you said, glad I can skip it, but the device is still secure when out of my range.

Sent from my Note 4

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Droid Ultra / Maxx and Moto X 2013 were some of the 1st phones to have TD and NFC Skip unlock built in (may have been the only ones actually). Moto continued that on the Turbo and Moto X 2014. Its probably one of the many patents that Google wanted from their purchase of Moto. But its cool that Google took that feature and added it to Lollipop for everyone.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Bathing my son last night. Stuck my hand under the water to unstop the tub. Wife saw me "Did you just put your watch underwater?"
"Uh, yea. It's pretty water resistant"
Cool, she replies, did not know that.

Not to make this thread even longer... lol

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Bathing my son last night. Stuck my hand under the water to unstop the tub. Wide saw me "Did you just put your watch underwater?"
"Uh, yea. It's pretty water resistant"
Cool, she replies, did not know that.

Not to make this thread even longer... lol
Its all good. Keep the thread going. I have not put mine completely underwater, but it has been pretty wet and dried right off and kept on ticking.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, I couldn't hold out any longer. I'm upgrading to the LG Urbane. Been toying with the idea of that one or the Samsung Gear S for a week or two now and finally decided to pull the trigger. Though I like the idea of the watch having its own data connection and completely independent functionality, I just couldn't bring myself to make an investment in Tizen over Android Wear.

According to VZW, the Urbane should be delivered tomorrow, since I ordered (just) before 4pm, though they don't state which timezone that cutoff is actually in...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Heart rate monitor will be nicer than using the one on the Note 4 & might give me a better view of what my rate does throughout the day.

And in the videos I've watched on the urbane, it's already got the emoji drawing & other new features. Will be interested to see how the wifi affects battery life, but that'll mean I'll have to go at least a day without utilizing it to really compare.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Still not seeing the draw of WiFi. Maybe you'll change my mind. But I am waiting until Xmas if I upgrade. Zenwatch 2 probably.

TapaTurbo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good deal Jonny, looking forward to your review and the WiFi functionality. Maybe I don't fully understand it yet, but I am not seeing the added benefit if you are not in a dedicated WiFi coverage area.