anybody else having trouble with double posts from your droid???

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The staff is starting to call me "SamSam" in the Mod threads.. I can't imagine what it could be. I'm rooted and OCed @1ghz, and have been for a while now. I'm using mylock but I doubt that would have anything to do with it. It happens probably 30% of the time, and I have been through many different ROMs and cleared cache/data, done factory resets, etc.. I always use the full site, not the mobile site, not using tapatalk either.

Any ideas, or should I just change my handle to "SamSam"??

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The staff is starting to call me "SamSam" in the Mod threads.. I can't imagine what it could be. I'm rooted and OCed @1ghz, and have been for a while now. I'm using mylock but I doubt that would have anything to do with it. It happens probably 30% of the time, and I have been through many different ROMs and cleared cache/data, done factory resets, etc.. I always use the full site, not the mobile site, not using tapatalk either.

Any ideas, or should I just change my handle to "SamSam"??

I get double posts from time to time as well. Might be something with the signal strength at the time you post or something. Not sure if there's a "fix" for it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I believe switching from portrait to landscape while it's loading after you create posst can sometimes post a second time, kinda as if it reloads a bit when you switch. Also, on MY droid, in the full site, I get the message about how you have to wait so many second between posts quite often, even on my first post of a day. As long as I KNOW I've waited longer than that, 9.9 times out of 10, if I press back, then reload the thread where I'm trying to reply, my reply is there. Most of the time, i go ahead and copy orr cut all text I've typed first just to be safe, but i almost never need it.

Not sure if that heros you at all, but that's my experience. :D

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Speak if the devil, I posted the last one from the browser and got the wait message.

Add now tapatalk has hidden the submit button in the menu...odd...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've only double-posted when I get that message about needing to wait 30 seconds. The message is bogus. Above method of select all, copy, check if u posted is good.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
been happening to me since day one....

Root or stock makes no difference. I think it's a vBulletin thing.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are looking into this issue, but I believe CK is right and it's just a vBulletin problem.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's odd. I don't think I've ever seen a double post from me and I have more posts then anyone.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's odd. I don't think I've ever seen a double post from me and I have more posts then anyone.

Maybe you are you using a different browser/OS? I see the "you must wait 30 seconds to post" message in dolphin on droid. Other stuff like browser privacy settings, firewall, etc. could be the problem too.