1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Having Trouble(Facebook Related)

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by tacdusty, Sep 2, 2010.

1. tacdusty

tacdusty New Member

I'm having trouble recieving notifications on my phone, I have to go to the actual mobile site to see If I have notifications. The only time it will give me real notification is when I get a Friend Request, Nothing else.

I have the first Droid to by the way, Anybody else experience problems like this?
  2. PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR New Member

The official FB app; well, let's just say there's a lot of room for improvement. You are not alone.

sent via subspace radio
  3. Ralffers

Ralffers New Member

It seems to be temperamental - sometimes you get notfications other times you don't. In my case, it's mre often I don't, & the only reason I know I have something new to look at on Facebook is because I get the email notifications.
  4. solar

solar New Member

I have those issue too. I used to use bloo for notifications, but lately i'm having issue withthe stock ap erroring out when bloo is installed. I'm not sure its related yet, but I think it might be.
  5. Ving

Ving New Member

Are your facebook settings enabled to receive notifications?
  6. scott craft

scott craft Member

I have mine set up so I get an email through gmail for any notifications or requests. Often that is faster than the facebook app. Definitely not a perfect setup, but it works for me.
  7. tacdusty

tacdusty New Member

As do I, ****, the only time I even get emails is when I hit the refresh button.. do I have some setting that isn't allowing me to recieve these notifications?
  8. scott craft

scott craft Member

What email are you using? Before I got the droid I used yahoo, but with the droid I switched my email with facebook to gmail because it notifies instantly when I get an email unlike yahoo which is checked periodically. I think you can set it up to send a text message for notifications instead of email.
  9. tacdusty

tacdusty New Member

You can, but I ain't trying tl have my phone number all over the interwebs like that.
  10. PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR New Member

?? You don't have to put your phone number in your FB profile. I don't do the text notification thing, but I don't see why it would make a difference.
  11. solar

solar New Member

The text notifications from the facbook site don't seems to work well either. meh. Only emails seems to be reliable at all. what the bloody hell?