Having Trouble(Facebook Related)

tacdusty

Reaction score
I'm having trouble recieving notifications on my phone, I have to go to the actual mobile site to see If I have notifications. The only time it will give me real notification is when I get a Friend Request, Nothing else.

I have the first Droid to by the way, Anybody else experience problems like this?

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
The official FB app; well, let's just say there's a lot of room for improvement. You are not alone.

sent via subspace radio

Ralffers

Reaction score
It seems to be temperamental - sometimes you get notfications other times you don't. In my case, it's mre often I don't, & the only reason I know I have something new to look at on Facebook is because I get the email notifications.

solar

Reaction score
I have those issue too. I used to use bloo for notifications, but lately i'm having issue withthe stock ap erroring out when bloo is installed. I'm not sure its related yet, but I think it might be.

Ving

Reaction score
Are your facebook settings enabled to receive notifications?

scott craft

Reaction score
I have mine set up so I get an email through gmail for any notifications or requests. Often that is faster than the facebook app. Definitely not a perfect setup, but it works for me.

OP
T

tacdusty

Reaction score
I have mine set up so I get an email through gmail for any notifications or requests. Often that is faster than the facebook app. Definitely not a perfect setup, but it works for me.

As do I, ****, the only time I even get emails is when I hit the refresh button.. do I have some setting that isn't allowing me to recieve these notifications?

scott craft

Reaction score

As do I, ****, the only time I even get emails is when I hit the refresh button.. do I have some setting that isn't allowing me to recieve these notifications?

What email are you using? Before I got the droid I used yahoo, but with the droid I switched my email with facebook to gmail because it notifies instantly when I get an email unlike yahoo which is checked periodically. I think you can set it up to send a text message for notifications instead of email.

OP
T

tacdusty

Reaction score
You can, but I ain't trying tl have my phone number all over the interwebs like that.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
?? You don't have to put your phone number in your FB profile. I don't do the text notification thing, but I don't see why it would make a difference.

solar

Reaction score
The text notifications from the facbook site don't seems to work well either. meh. Only emails seems to be reliable at all. what the bloody hell?