Trouble romming from UD 9.8

Feltmacer

Reaction score
Every time I try and rom something else (UD 10, BB 1.1, etc.) I have had some troubles. It's hard to keep up with new methods, so maybe I'm just doing something wrong...

I wipe data/cache and install the update. On boot, I restore everything with Titanium. However, when I restart, the home/search buttons don't work, and the screen won't lock.

I searched and found a solution, to factory wipe. That kind of creates a problem though, as it just puts me back at the beginning.
I would really enjoy getting away from UD 9.8...

Thank you!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Without more specifics, its' tough to know what exactly is messed up.

Since you say it works fine until you do your restore, I would say that it is the problem. Possibly the backup is corrupt somehow, or you have an app that's messed up.

You may have to consider starting from zero. Before that though, I would try a partial backup of your important stuff (SMS/MMS), and not your apps or any of it's associated data and settings. Just write the apps down and download them again.

Despite being both ESE81-based, sometimes data is different from ROM to ROM, especially with all of the custom stuff happening with spare parts and the rest.

OP
F

Feltmacer

Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm just going to go ahead and do what you suggested, I don't care to mess with it anymore than I need to

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
UD-10 is based off of CM. Theres a good chance that 9.8 isn't, which is why its giving you problems