Anybody else concerned about the complete lack of Google branding on the case?

ambrown

Reaction score
I don't believe the lack of Google's logo has much, if anything, to do with Verizon (though I most certainly could be wrong on that account) since most of their other android phones carry the logo. My phone does, and I'm fairly certain all their Droid branded phones have the Google logo as well.

If anything it might be a decision made by Google, or possibly even a shortsight by whoever does branding and design for Google.

But on the plus side while the Galaxy Nexus lacks support for the Google logo, have hope that it will get full logo support with an OTA sometime in the next few months ;)

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

ambrown

Reaction score
Now stop this crying about bloatware and be happy a Nexus device is even going to be on Verizon. :endrant:

Haha, yeah that's a true statement. Remember when Verizon was supposed to get the original Nexus One and then said "eh, nevermind, we got the HTC Incredible which is the same thing." And left it at that. I don't think Verizon even got the Nexus S when that came out. Granted Verizon hasn't had a dearth of Android phones either, but lack of a phone with stock vanilla Android left some people wanting.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

JFMFT

Reaction score
Verizon is very brand-oriented. They have a "our sh** doesn't stink" attitude. The 4G LTE battery cover logo is absolutely, 100% intentional and probably a big deal to them, honestly. It's free marketing for their 4G network.

They plaster their 4G LTE logo on EVERYTHING. There's no way they were ceding to Google on this one.

DylC32A

Reaction score
You are assuming that the extra thickness of the LTE version has no impact on battery cover geometry.
Is it possible that the Canadian version's battery cover will work? Looks like at least one of the major carriers there uses 4G LTE. Anyone know?