Anybody else concerned about the complete lack of Google branding on the case?

Zael

Reaction score
I have not seen any Google branding on the photos of the Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus. Is anybody else concerned about what this could mean for the device? I am slightly concerned that this is an indicator that updates won't be coming directly from google, or that the phone will be locked down even if it is pure google in other respects. Thoughts?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Yes. In fact I've lost a lot of sleep over it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
A little.

I'm just surprised Google would allow it considering they designed the phone and the software.

suliman

Reaction score
concerned? yes. Surprised? no. im still not completely convinced this phone will be protected from verizon by google.

natezire71

Reaction score
I don't see what the problem is. Once you root it/unlock the bootloader, it shouldn't be a concern. Unless I'm wrong.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Didn't even notice it until I read this thread

nbucko

Reaction score
I couldn't care less what they put on outside of the phone as long as vzw doesn't mess with the os/updates.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
"Google" is the first thing that pops up on the boot animation. I guess that's enough for them!

xliderider

Reaction score
I just wish that Verizon kept their grubby hands off the Nexus, like the OG droid, which was a Pure Google Experience device. Even if the GNex has only 2 Verizon apps on it, it has been tainted IMHO. :icon_evil:

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I just wish that Verizon kept their grubby hands off the Nexus, like the OG droid, which was a Pure Google Experience device. Even if the GNex has only 2 Verizon apps on it, it has been tainted IMHO. :icon_evil:

Your signature says it all.

xliderider

Reaction score

Google sold out when they allowed Verizon apps on the Nexus. Apple didn't allow Verizon to taint their iPhone, though I'm sure Verizon wanted to put their cr@pware on them.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not concerned one bit. It's just a cover people, and luckily it can be swapped out so we can rid the Nexus of any physical Verizon branding. As another poster mentioned, Google is the first thing you see when it boots. No trace of Verizon tampering. The two apps are minor and while technically bloatware, they're not the usual run of the mill bloatware you find on other Verizon Android phones. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if you could remove both of these apps, even without root.

And to those who fear Verizon's tampering with the Nexus, relax. Testers and people who already have the Verizon Nexus in the wild have confirmed that it has remained true to its GMS counterpart sans the two Verizon apps.

kaboyd

Reaction score
I could not care less about it myself. Once I have rooted this baby I will have the power to ensure Verizon has no control over what is and is not on my phone. It will be between myself and the Devs creating the Roms / Apps I use.