Android on the Bionic as it was meant to be, IMHO

deduct

Reaction score
no, but if it's worth it, I'll buy it... I assume toning down CPU will save on battery life a bit, yes?

Root explorer is well worth a couple of bucks and toning down CPU should give you a couple of more hours of battery life.

OP
L

lm2

Reaction score
Root explorer is well worth a couple of bucks and toning down CPU should give you a couple of more hours of battery life.

OK, I've bought it. Now: how to tone down CPU? (feel free to tell me to google :)

Reaction score
I had the Blurry rom on my device for a few weeks and I loved all of the customization of the rom but it killed my battery life and did some odd things. I would get parts of the day when my phone would get really hot and whenever I was charging my phone it would get so hot to the point that it would shut my phone off from overheating I assume. I also had a lot of re-draw issues. This could have been from the size of the partition with safrestrap I am not sure. It just was not a great experience. I went back to my normal stock rooted rom and that is running great. I would like some suggestions here. Because I would like to try a different Rom or change some things with my Blurry Rom.

OP
L

lm2

Reaction score
I had the Blurry rom on my device for a few weeks and I loved all of the customization of the rom but it killed my battery life and did some odd things. I would get parts of the day when my phone would get really hot and whenever I was charging my phone it would get so hot to the point that it would shut my phone off from overheating I assume. I also had a lot of re-draw issues. This could have been from the size of the partition with safrestrap I am not sure. It just was not a great experience. I went back to my normal stock rooted rom and that is running great. I would like some suggestions here. Because I would like to try a different Rom or change some things with my Blurry Rom.

I have also had some hot moments, but not a lot. As you can see from the past couple of posts, I'm waiting for deduct to explain how to use Root Explorer to tone down Blurry Maxx's CPU so as to save on battery life and to reduce the likelihood of crashes (not that I'm having many of those; I'm not).

deduct

Reaction score
Sorry, I've been busy today. In root explorer, go to system/etc/init.d. select modules Timmy. Select text editor. Delete the whole echo 4 line. Then place a # in front of echo 0, echo1, echo 2, and echo 3 lines. Hit settings key and select exit and save. A modules Timmy backup should automatically be created when you save. Reboot phone. Use no frills or some other CPU monitoring app to check max CPU. Should now read 1.2 as max cpu.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score

Deduct gave up on eclipse but I'm still on it. Me and him bash everyday against blurry and eclipse haha I love the battery life on it and hated the blacked out theme. So I replaced the apps that were blacked out. Can't go wrong with eclipse. Also Icarus is great to try.

deduct

Reaction score
I hear ya dog. I'm already back on blurry. but I'm really going to love it when I get the extended we traded.

deduct

Reaction score
Haha...I would be on cloud nine if it lasted that long. I'll be happy if I can get thru the day with it after using standard battery again.

OP
L

lm2

Reaction score
Sorry, I've been busy today. In root explorer, go to system/etc/init.d. select modules Timmy. Select text editor. Delete the whole echo 4 line. Then place a # in front of echo 0, echo1, echo 2, and echo 3 lines. Hit settings key and select exit and save. A modules Timmy backup should automatically be created when you save. Reboot phone. Use no frills or some other CPU monitoring app to check max CPU. Should now read 1.2 as max cpu.

Followed the instructions and no frills reports 1.25 not 1.2. Thoughts? - - - - - actually, I see now that my edits didn't stick. But I saved them in text editor.....