picking up 905 question

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
so it sounds like 904 and now 905 are really just for radio updates and maybe even better battery performance.
i would not mind trying out 905 but here is where i get a little confused.
right now my not safe side is 902 and my safe side is running eclipse 2.2
i saw in some guide that updating to 905 could decrease your data connectivity issues on some of the ics builds or for other roms (i think they listed liberty and eclipse).
i still feel new to the rooting and flashing community so where do i put this .905? they way i picture it is i install it on my not safe side? then when i wipe and install a rom on my safe side its based off that? (i guess i really don't know the basics to how safe strap really works) or do i install 905 on my safe side then install the rom over it?

also on a side note but kinda the same topic.
i am on the MFN and got the email. for those updates would i have to go back to my not safe side and would that unroot my phone?
another odd question. could i just go back to my not safe side and just hit the check for updates and it would update my phone? (and i believe lose root)

thank you for your time. sorry for the umm mess that is my ability to not think straight. lets blame that on my add.

striker85

Reaction score
Safe and Non-Safe operate from the same kernel and radio. You need to switch to Non-safe and flash the zip that you downloaded to your SD card.

OP
TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Thank you . Do I need to wipe everything like a regular install or just install the zip since its an update?

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Just run the update package no need to wipe anything but you MUST be on the stock rom with all bloat still present.

OP
TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
yes i remember having to unfreeze everything. i did that just incase for the update for MFN