Android on the Bionic as it was meant to be, IMHO

OP
L

lm2

Reaction score
Lets add a spark to this thread...

Blurry_Maxx_v3.8 is out!!!

After a fresh install of 3.8, I attempted to restore from a titanium backup that I made of my previous version. Two issues arose.

1. My home button did not work. I don't know if this was a result of the titanium restore or not. Is anyone else having trouble with their home button after an install of 3.8?

2. The restore did not restore my icons on my home screens/panels. Do you know if a titanium backup of system data is supposed to preserve this home screen/panel info? If not, is there any way at all to restore home screen icon preferences. I really do not want to have to recreate this one icon at a time.

OP
L

lm2

Reaction score
After some googling I see that nova launcher prime can backup home screen icons.

OP
L

lm2

Reaction score
After some googling I see that nova launcher prime can backup home screen icons.

Actually, I've discovered you don't need to buy Prime. The free version can be used to backup. I did have difficulties getting nova to recognize a previously made backup. I had to make the backup on the external SD, then move it to the proper location once booted into the new 3.8 rom.

deduct

Reaction score
Cool. Nova and apex are good launchers. I have been using go launcher lately. After setting it up to look more like ICS and applying a nice theme to it, it has turned out to be my favorite launcher...for now. You really must find a theme though. Go launcher stock look is just to childish for my taste. It has a bunch of great transition animations and tons of customization. This on top of blurrymaxx is going to be hard to beat.

OP
L

lm2

Reaction score
A note for folks who install blurry maxx 3.8. Some of us are not liking the transition animations, but we're also having a hard time changing these via the animation manager app. So to turn these off entirely, go to Settings > Developer options. There you'll find two setting that concern animations. I've turned each setting to Off.

deduct

Reaction score
You can also change both animations to stock thru animation manager app and flash that framework zip you create

kylo77

Reaction score
Wow. This ROM has totally changed to performance of my Bionic. So much smoother and more responsive. I do have a few questions in regards to some of the apps from stock...
Any reason we cannot load Smart Actions or Email App 4.4 (moto)? The stock email app had the capability to sort via conversation and it also contrasted the inbox better as to read and unread emails. Also is there an updated version of GoogleNow that we can load? Play says my device is not compatible.

Thanks and great work!

bigred8380

Reaction score
I will also conclude that both Eclipse and Blurry are well worth having on ur phone!

As Deduct has explained, Eclipse batt life is slightly better (due to Blurry being OC) but with the dev dedication to Blurry, I don't see that being the case much longer. I had sat in the shadows watching Blurry for a while b4 commiting to the 3.8 build....it has come an amazingly long way in just a few short weeks!

Can't wait to see what comes next with this ROM. The extras and eye candy themes are amazing!

Shout out to eye dea and Timmy10shoes for their dev and dedication! dancedroid
and Thx to Deduct for the testing sessions we've had go into the late hours! :p

donzz

Reaction score
I'd like this, maybe y'all can help me out? My phone was rooted at one time but when the OTA for ICS came out I wanted to receive that. For some reason my phone would download it but wouldn't install it. So, like many other I did the razor edge method. That worked but now I'm not rooted any longer. When I look up rooting my Bionic there are so many OLD versions on how to root the Bionic I don't want to screw anything up. I guess I'm asking for someone to point me in the right direction on how to root this thing again. Much Thanks!!!

deduct

Reaction score

donzz

Reaction score
So you are on ICS now donzz? If so, use razrs edge root method. You can find it here under: to root your phone after updating for those that wish to.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...install-246-ics-fxz-updated-10-24-2012-a.html

After you are rooted you are going to want to install safe strap 3:

How-To Safestrap (Updated for v3.04) « Hash-of-Codes

When that's all said and done let us know and we'll help you flash blurry 3.8
Yes! Thank you! That is what I am looking for!!!

donzz

Reaction score
Ok, when I download the winrar root file, rsd lite says that there isn't any recognizable file in there. Weird.

deduct

Reaction score
Are you already on ICS 246? If so you don't need rsd lite. Just use razrs edge to root

donzz

Reaction score
Are you already on ICS 246? If so you don't need rsd lite. Just use razrs edge to root
Ok, I do already have 246. How do I run the razrs edge? Do I put my phone in fast boot mode or just add the file to my SD card and run it? If on the SD card do I put it on the internal or external card? Thank you for the help!!!

deduct

Reaction score
No sir. Download razrs edge and unzip it to your desktop. Make sure you have the latest Motorola drivers on your computer and installed. Plug in your bionic with your motorola usb cord that came with your bionic and allow the computer to recognize it. Then open up razrs edge that's on your desktop and find the run option and double click on it. After the black box pops up it should say press enter. That will start the root process. Your phone will reboot three times and the script in the black box on computer will say exploit complete.