Android on the Bionic as it was meant to be, IMHO

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by lm2, Jan 3, 2013.

1. deduct

deduct Senior Member

Ratings:
    +28
    So you are on ICS now donzz? If so, use razrs edge root method. You can find it here under: to root your phone after updating for those that wish to.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...install-246-ics-fxz-updated-10-24-2012-a.html

After you are rooted you are going to want to install safe strap 3:

http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/how-to-safestrap/

When that's all said and done let us know and we'll help you flash blurry 3.8

2. donzz

donzz Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Yes! Thank you! That is what I am looking for!!!

3. donzz

donzz Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Ok, when I download the winrar root file, rsd lite says that there isn't any recognizable file in there. Weird.

4. deduct

deduct Senior Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Are you already on ICS 246? If so you don't need rsd lite. Just use razrs edge to root

5. donzz

donzz Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Ok, I do already have 246. How do I run the razrs edge? Do I put my phone in fast boot mode or just add the file to my SD card and run it? If on the SD card do I put it on the internal or external card? Thank you for the help!!!

6. deduct

deduct Senior Member

Ratings:
    +28
    No sir. Download razrs edge and unzip it to your desktop. Make sure you have the latest Motorola drivers on your computer and installed. Plug in your bionic with your motorola usb cord that came with your bionic and allow the computer to recognize it. Then open up razrs edge that's on your desktop and find the run option and double click on it. After the black box pops up it should say press enter. That will start the root process. Your phone will reboot three times and the script in the black box on computer will say exploit complete.

7. donzz

donzz Member

Ratings:
    +9
    The black box appears but runs so fast I can't read what it says. It doesn't do anything to my phone. No Superuser or anything like that. Am I clicking on the right thing, the adb.exe? Odd!

8. donzz

donzz Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Nevermind...I had to click "run" not the .exe. After supper I'm going to attempt to load that rom. lol Thanks again for your help!!!

9. bigred8380

bigred8380 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I see D has it under control. Get that Bionic rooted and get SS3 on there...after that, you're in for a whole new world of awesomeness!! :icon_ lala:

• Like Like x 1
  10. donzz

donzz Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I'm an original Droid'er and ran Bugless Beast for years. Rooting seems a lot easier than back in those days. Problem with me is I haven't tried to install any new roms in a long time. Some of the terminology is a bit confusing but I'm sure with a little help I'll be able to get it installed. .....I hope. lol

11. donzz

donzz Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Ok, Safestrap installed and I have downloaded Blurry Maxxx. Now that I have it downloaded, what do I do next? Do I put the winrar file directly on my sd card or do I extract then put it on my sd card? Thanks!..........
    I tried both ways and it won't install. In an earlier post I said it was easier to install roms now. I lied. It used to be put the .zip on your card, boot into recovery then wipe then install zip and you were done. I think my main problem is winrar. that program sucks compared to winzip. IMO. lol...I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

12. deduct

deduct Senior Member

Ratings:
    +28
    What you do now is place ROM on SD card ext and boot into safe strap and create a slot with 1 gig. Then go to install and choose blurry maxx 3.8 and move the slider over to install. Reboot.

Search tags for this page
blurry max

blurry max 4.1

blurry max bionic

blurry maxx 3.8
blurry maxx 4.1 download

blurry maxx bionic

blurry maxx bionic download

blurry maxx download
blurry maxx rom download
blurrymax