Am i the only one who just isn't happy

revelated

Reaction score
Alright.

So. I killed all my widgets after letting the battery charge to 100% and saw really no significant change. Thats with light browsing on fb and txts.

Im probably just going to get an extended battery and go from there. I really dig the phone but battery life is horrible

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Did you discharge the battery fully and then recharge? I find that to be a necessary step, standard or extended battery. Let the battery juice all the way out, then recharge it fully. The phone seems to not know true capacity until you do that.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
IMHO it does kind of suck to not be able to run the widgets you want to run.....Shouldn't have to compromise. IMHO widgets are one of the main advantages over that other OS.

Battery life really is one of the biggest issues with smartphones today. Bigger screens, faster hardware, and we use them more takes a tole on the battery.

What we really need is hardware that consumes less power.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
I always let my phone die completely than charge to 100%.

I know the moment i return my phone they will release some update that will fix the phone

Reaction score
My Alienware m17x r3 is a beast. Battery life is at the best.... 2.5 hrs. My Bionic is a beast. Battery life is at best.... 10 hrs. You want performance.. it comes at a price. And unfortunately... the Bionic is one helluva performer!! I love it!!! :)

revelated

Reaction score
I always let my phone die completely than charge to 100%.

I know the moment i return my phone they will release some update that will fix the phone

And what was the exact hours you got after widget homicide and battery discharge/recharge/rundown time?

Also, did you make sure to re-kill stuff in Task Manager?

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Less than 5 hours.

It's going back. I killed all my widgets. I killed my running tasks. Let it de charge and re charge to 100%. Started this at 5pm it's now 10pm and i have 5% battery power

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Less than 5 hours.

It's going back. I killed all my widgets. I killed my running tasks. Let it de charge and re charge to 100%. Started this at 5pm it's now 10pm and i have 5% battery power

There is surely something wrong with your specific Bionic... I mean I have everything running, all GPS and location services, sync fully automatic, and decent amount of internet use and I get well over 12 hours...

revelated

Reaction score
Less than 5 hours.

I'm not in front of your phone so I'm not in a position to make a call either way. But either you're not being 100% truthful about the situation, or you have a defective Bionic/battery, or something is running that you didn't catch. On a standard battery I get no less than 9 hours.

Either way, go ahead and return it.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Im really not lying

My phone was 100% at 5pm. Killed tasks and wigets at about 5:10.
I texted every so often and checked facebook. Not to mentionhad a dozen emails from replys to this thread

At 9:40pm, my phone (which had been sitting quietly by my side since 8), blinked at me and said 5% low battery.

I don't over exaggerate. I love electronics. I'm not a fanboy of any product and i give equal praise and equal negative comments where i see fit.

I love this phone and it maybe that all i need is a new phone or extended battery. I'll see but right now I'm debating to return

revelated

Reaction score
Im really not lying

My phone was 100% at 5pm. Killed tasks and wigets at about 5:10.
I texted every so often and checked facebook. Not to mentionhad a dozen emails from replys to this thread

At 9:40pm, my phone (which had been sitting quietly by my side since 8), blinked at me and said 5% low battery.

I don't over exaggerate. I love electronics. I'm not a fanboy of any product and i give equal praise and equal negative comments where i see fit.

I love this phone and it maybe that all i need is a new phone or extended battery. I'll see but right now I'm debating to return

Not to nitpick but that wasn't really an accurate test.
  • Remove widgets
  • Discharge battery fully - run some HD stuff. Use your computer if you really need to do Facebook and for some reason can't live without it for a day
  • Charge it overnight using the provided charger. Don't touch it. Go to bed at 10pm, it should be on the charger, dead.
  • Wake up at 6am, it should be fully charged. Power it on.
  • Use the phone normally WITHOUT WIDGETS all day.

This, assuming you don't do a lot of phone calling, should net you no less than 12 hours on the standard battery. If you're in a fringe 4G area the phone may be struggling to get a signal, which is also a battery killer and you should disable 4G until it's more accessible in your area. It seems like a lot, but realistically, your phone should not be draining itself that quickly unless it's struggling to get/keep 4G, or you ran the Blockbuster app, or widgets are running. Anything else is a defective phone.

Reaction score
My phone had been off the charger foyer more than 24 hours now. I have been on internet, social apps, played games, and yesterday streamed the entire Detroit Lions game through the NFL app and I am still at 40%. Battery is great for me.

ice456789

Reaction score
My phone had been off the charger foyer more than 24 hours now. I have been on internet, social apps, played games, and yesterday streamed the entire Detroit Lions game through the NFL app and I am still at 40%. Battery is great for me.

I gotta call shens on this. I can't get my battery to last over 5 hours even if I don't touch the phone. There is no way with the standard battery that you can have 40% batt left after 24 hours and 3+ hours of video streaming.

Reaction score
I gotta call shens on this. I can't get my battery to last over 5 hours even if I don't touch the phone. There is no way with the standard battery that you can have 40% batt left after 24 hours and 3+ hours of video streaming.

Call whatever you want. Just reporting the truth. I am rooted, removed all bloatware and unused crap, and I never said I was on the standard battery. I picked up the extended battery from VZ for $25.

I have now been on my phone non stop for more than an hour and my battery had not moved. Still shows 40%.

And the streaming was not video. It was audio only.

fox_hound

Reaction score
My droid bionic lasts day and a half the battery imo is great. You must have something running