Impressions for those who are running .902

kurumatt

Reaction score
I went manually from 901 to 902.
My battery life is really improved. 2 hours of screen on, display has used 56% of battery 7% cell stand by. I still have 38% battery left.

Phone had been on lte the entire time. 7.5 hours on battery. I'm happy.

If I went to 3g it would def last over 24hrs

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Tonik

Reaction score
Just in case it got lost in the conversation, earlier in the thread someone pointed out that if you go to the market and uninstall the google search update it fixes the search force close. Just uncheck the 'auto update' on the market for the app. It will still annoy with the update reminders but at least it will work. I tired this and it instantly fixed the problem.

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Been having a few issues today, go SMS pro when I get a text it would continue to send to me every 5 seconds. If I didn't check it for a while I would have 50 of the same texts. Ended up powering down phone, fixed for now. I may do a factory reset and upload all my apps again. Never had these issues or this many with 901.

Rooted and Hot Rodded running 5.9.902 DROID BIONIC

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Just in case it got lost in the conversation, earlier in the thread someone pointed out that if you go to the market and uninstall the google search update it fixes the search force close. Just uncheck the 'auto update' on the market for the app. It will still annoy with the update reminders but at least it will work. I tired this and it instantly fixed the problem.

Could use TiBu to detach from market if rooted to squash the reminders;)

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Been having a few issues today, go SMS pro when I get a text it would continue to send to me every 5 seconds. If I didn't check it for a while I would have 50 of the same texts. Ended up powering down phone, fixed for now. I may do a factory reset and upload all my apps again. Never had these issues or this many with 901.

Rooted and Hot Rodded running 5.9.902 DROID BIONIC

I haven't had any issues with my SMS Pro, maybe the new update just needed to make friends first lol

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

tawneyp99

Reaction score
So I got the update and now my market place will not connect. Tried powering down, WI-fi, no WI-fi on. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

bionic805er

Reaction score
I just got the 5.9.902 update and im excited.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

bassman1547

Reaction score
Received OTA 902 this am. Downloaded and installed. No problem.
I was running 901 leak-no root. So, to me this means that anyone who is running the same will get the update. I know there was some concern about being out if the update chain.
Running AWD ex.

Tonik

Reaction score
Could use TiBu to detach from market if rooted to squash the reminders.

Since you bring that up, I have detached a bunch of apps from the market for that reason, they are also frozen. But the Verizon specific apps still notify in the status bar. But when I hit my apps in Market they don't show up. Maybe they are getting an update notification from somewhere else?

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Since you bring that up, I have detached a bunch of apps from the market for that reason, they are also frozen. But the Verizon specific apps still notify in the status bar. But when I hit my apps in Market they don't show up. Maybe they are getting an update notification from somewhere else?

Me too, maybe it is built-in with Verizon bloat

welsalex

Reaction score
You're the first person I've read that can get to "My Channel" on YouTube or bring up App Search (did you remove the updates to Google Search?) and not have a crash.

I also can go into youtube and go to my channel just fine. And I use ADW EX so hitting search in the app drawer works.

welsalex

Reaction score
I love the 902 update so far. only had a couple hours but everything seems to be running great and smooth. Ill post back later after a days usage.

Only thing though..... LOST ROOT!!!! Sucks. Any one got a step by step to go through the process of getting root? I see some of you say you have root.

EDIT: Here's something big I noticed. Seems like I have more RAM free than I used to have. Anyone else notice this?

Last edited: