2.1 Concern - Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by tha]-[acksaw, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have any of this screen lag that people talk about...

2. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What screen lag? I know about browsing lag since 2.0.1 but I dont see any screen lag at all including the notification bar and apps bar. I am using GDE though. I had the IPhone 3GS and just dont see the issue.

3. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so let me get this straight. You are going to be embarrassed when the xth addition of the iphone comes out (no idea how many) and the 1st addition of the Droid lags a little? Ok...sorry, but that is kind of whining. I am sure google will continue with updates and all on the Droid but you have now taken it to comparing this phone to one that is not even out yet. In your last paragraph you mentioned many things the xth generation of the IPhone still does not have, but you are stuck on a minor thing that will probably get fixed. Sounds to me like you will never be happy.

Sorry, but I think this is absolutely crazy expectations. Yes, we all want this thing to fly in every aspect, but come on it has been only 3 months compared to several years.

4. Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope 2.1 has a filter so I don't have to look at all the 2.1 threads on this forum

5. MrsDebbi

MrsDebbi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree about the wall scroll. I use open home because of the drawer, used GDE because of the cube scroll but quit because of a ton of FC, and Home ++ because of static wallpaper.

So I hope the update make everything fluid like my itouch.

6. p08757

p08757 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea -- The 15 minutes it will take to open one page!

7. tha]-[acksaw

tha]-[acksaw Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't say it enough. I LOVE MY DROID. I AM VERY VERY HAPPY!! I don't want an iPhone for a whole host of reasons. If the lag issue that I, and lots of other are having, is never fixed, I'm not gonna jump ship. Don't take it all personal. I LOVE MY DROID <<< for the 10,000,000th time.

I'm just curious as to why it seems to be a problem on the Droid. And given, its a minor problem. I guess thats what I'm kinda curious. All the major problems of the iPhone, the Droid seems to have nailed. But this one very minor thing is still a hickup with the Droid.

It just seems funny to me.

8. dafischman

dafischman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't worry man, some people can't handle the fact that others may be offering constructive criticism about their beloved phones. I agree completely that there isn't anything that could force me to go to an iPhone. But it does beg the question what causes this slight, and I repeat SLIGHT lag that many have noticed. It's not bad, just noticable. And asking whether or not it can be fixed and having concerns on whether or not it might get worse is understandable. Now, from what I've heard, 2.1 is supposed to be optimized for our phones when it comes out and supposedly even the unoptimized versions people have been running on their phones has felt more snappy than 2.0.1. So take that for what it's worth.

9. bigthinker

bigthinker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The phone will automatically do it on its own when the upgrade is available. YOU should have to do nothing. :motdroidvert:

10. Royal2000H

Royal2000H Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Slight lag? Are you kidding?

Sometimes my droid lags for like 10 seconds. That's not slight.
    I'll be the first to say that I love my Droid, and wouldn't switch it for an iPhone. But if there's one thing I hate about Android, it's the semi-frequent instability/lag.

I've found my phone permanently frozen on a screen, with nothing I can do but pull the battery. This has happened multiple times. It reminds me of the old days on Windows. Even Vista doesn't do that to me (though it has randomly rebooted).

11. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Royal something is obviously wrong with your device. You should not be experiencing lag like that.

This is not the thread to trouble shoot the problem but something is amiss.

You running an anti-virus?

12. Royal2000H

Royal2000H Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well you have to keep in mind the majority of the time I get 0-little lag. But I'd be lying if I told you I haven't experienced that numerous times.

No on the anti-virus. Seems pointless. And before someone asks, no custom roms. Just plain old 2.0.1.

I do have many apps installed (but not running) and running apps (according to astro) do not account for the great lag that sometimes occurs.

Search tags for this page

what does one over one latter rangement mean as far as in wi