Impressions for those who are running .902

brent.murray

Reaction score
POST .902 update:

4G: none in my area
3G: 0.56Mbps down, 0.61Mbps up (YIKES!!!!)
Wifi: 13.79Mbps down, 4.24Mbps up

WTF is up with my 3G?!?!?!? ARGH!!! I've already had to restart my phone twice on phone calls due to such bad service. (It switched to Extended Network). I've been at home the whole time, where I usually have GREAT service.

cybric

Reaction score
After going from 901 to 902 my 4g seems to be much slower.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
After going from 901 to 902 my 4g seems to be much slower.

I noticed that my BIONIC 4g was slower too, BUT: Before .902 I was getting an awful ping result... now, I called Verizon, had them push me a hybrid PRL, and have an awesome ping, and 20 mbps download speeds on 4g. I'm all about the ping. If the ping is crap, then who cares how "fast" the connection is?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also can go into youtube and go to my channel just fine.

Yeah, it started working yesterday. It must be something on Google's end when the request for "My Channel" is sent because when it crashed it said Sorry application YouTube (Process.com.google.android.youtube) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

welsalex

Reaction score
Spent all day using my bionic with .902. It is awesome! Data has been solid 4g all day. Switching wifi on and off trasistion between 4g a wifi is perfect. Signal Strength is solid, been checking with "Network Signal Info" app (great for this purpose, gives separate info about wifi and data) Camera is working much faster! Seems also like I have more ram free than usual. Solid Solid all very solid! This mofo is ready for some ICS now!!!

EDIT: Forgot to say I went 12 hours on battery with moderate to heavy usage. 20 percent left. I believe that to be good.

Last edited:

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
EDIT: Here's something big I noticed. Seems like I have more RAM free than I used to have. Anyone else notice this?

Yeah, I seem to average almost an extra 100M more than previous, my battery is finally starting to improve back to where it was before at least. Pulled battery first, then pulled sim and restarted, reinstalled and back on track it seems. Launcher does feel notably faster after almost 2 days of use. Data consistent but a bit slow to wake from Lock sometimes, even with Juice Defender off. I'll say I'm just fine with the little improvements I have noticed so far from this update.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Soak tester here. Have had 902 since Monday night. Very impressive so far. Biggest improvements, data connections, and battery life. Haven't had a single issue with either so far. Now on to I. C. S.

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
did anyone do a factory reset after the update?? or should u only do that after a major update??

toyosup88

Reaction score
Im on 902 and my 3g and 4g keeps bouncing back and forth for no reason. 893 never did this

Reaction score
Soak tester here. Installed perfectly over .901....This is just as rock solid for me as .901 was. Not one problem!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im on 902 and my 3g and 4g keeps bouncing back and forth for no reason. 893 never did this

Yeah that was my case as well with .893 and .901...but .902 has been very good, it does occasionally (perhaps once a day here and there) lose data connection but it is for about 2 or 3 seconds tops...

brroid

Reaction score
My issue is that my stock battery temperature during use went from 75-80 degrees to 115 degrees as I write this when I updated from totally stock 893 to 902. Haven't had a chance to evaluate battery life or signal because I am away from my home area.

from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
To guys who were on .901: Have you seen any appreciable improvement in performance with .902? Most of the posts seem to be saying the radio stability is about the same. That being the case, I'm trying to find good reasons to fart with an update, and so far it doesn't appear to be worth the effort.

ripper2860

Reaction score
All in all I'm pretty happy with. 902. Battery life seems good. Seems to hold a better signal and even a tiny bit better signal strength at home. One weird thing which seems to be a bug however. ..

When car docked my screen toggles through various levels of brightness. This is random. Doesn't matter the application I'm in our just sitting at home screen. I have it set to full so its not set to auto.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
My 4g is down for the second time since updating Thursday night. Not sure if it is the updates fault or not, but I hadn't had a data drop for about a month beforehand.