All home replacements will be irrelevant once 2.1 is out

dredge

Reaction score
was watching vids of 2.1 and have it myself. i also have tried all home replacemnt apps (home++, gde, open home etc) and realized once 2.1 comes out, ALL of these will be irrelevant. discuss.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
does 2.1 have the little power strip thing at the bottom like home++

SarahP

Reaction score
I think they should stick with 2.1 but people always figure the stuff on the market will be better or they can get the devs to do stuff that the Google guys won't.

In reality though, the 2.1 home will be much more stable so I'd stick with that personally.

shademar

Reaction score
I tried out the 2.1 launcher apk and didn't really like it any more than the default, truth be told. The little 'bounce' you get when scrolling the apps menu annoyed me for reasons I can't quite pin. The extra screens are nice, but I missed the persistent icons of home++ and I've gotten used to not seeing the notification bar unless I want to.

The gallery, on the other hand, is amazing.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
was watching vids of 2.1 and have it myself. i also have tried all home replacemnt apps (home++, gde, open home etc) and realized once 2.1 comes out, ALL of these will be irrelevant. discuss.

Doubt it....The Native home comes no where near the customizations that users want...

thistle

Reaction score
Not a chance. 2.1 is far short of what I have now with dxTop.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot, but like the others have said, the other Home apps have things that 2.1 won't. For example, I use Home++ and really like that power strip.

pilot25

Reaction score
Will 2.1 force close like all the garbage home replacements out there? Doubt it. Home replacements will die quickly and thankfully.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Count me in as a Home++ Power Strip lover. :)

Me too. I wouldn't know what to do without my power strip. I would probably have to put shortcuts on every screen for the few things that I use the power strip for. That isn't ideal, and would lead to more clutter than I already have on a few of my screens.

I also like the ability of hiding the notification bar. That bar makes some of my widgets seem more redundant.