Home replacement questions

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some people love SweeterHome and some hate it lol it's like either or...

I personally just couldn't get used it, way too complicated for a home replacement for me

ytwokc5

Reaction score
sweeter home will defiantly work for me, i'm just stuck in that huge learning curve you spoke about, working my way through tutorials for it, but it really was exactly what I wanted as far as the amount of customization .

Did you read my note above about Home++ ? One change to the default settings and it snaps to the next screen the way you would like it to. No sticking between screens.

OP
Q

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
Did you read my note above about Home++ ? One change to the default settings and it snaps to the next screen the way you would like it to. No sticking between screens.

I did, and if sweeter home 2 ends up not working I will do that, I suspect I will like sweeterhome 2 once I figure out how to do a few more things on it, played around with it for about four hours last night, and I figured alot more stuff out, just wish there was a bit more instruction on it somewhere.

punyweakling

Reaction score
I did, and if sweeter home 2 ends up not working I will do that, I suspect I will like sweeterhome 2 once I figure out how to do a few more things on it, played around with it for about four hours last night, and I figured alot more stuff out, just wish there was a bit more instruction on it somewhere.
I'm trying to help the dev out with documentation etc - but my life is hectic right now at work, and trying to find somewhere to live. More will be coming. :)

OP
Q

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
read the documentation on the website, most of what i found was for sweeter home 1, but it did help, and the forums helped a bit too, my main thing is how do i put a shortcut to an app on the desktop? like how do I put the shortcut to bring the phone dial-pad on my desktop?

Edit: What would really be the most helpful would be someone who was decently knowledgeable about this app and if they were willing to answer my questions, if there is someone like that shoot me a pm and I'll provide my email, I would be eternally greatfull

Last edited:

punyweakling

Reaction score
read the documentation on the website, most of what i found was for sweeter home 1, but it did help, and the forums helped a bit too, my main thing is how do i put a shortcut to an app on the desktop? like how do I put the shortcut to bring the phone dial-pad on my desktop?

Edit: What would really be the most helpful would be someone who was decently knowledgeable about this app and if they were willing to answer my questions, if there is someone like that shoot me a pm and I'll provide my email, I would be eternally greatfull

Hey man. To put any arbitrary short cut on the desktop you need to add a Custom Tray. Edit the custom tray and you'll see a field called Tray ID (it's set to "default" by default). This is a unique identifier - if you have two trays with the same Tray ID, then the content will be mirrored in each. Rename the Tray ID and the tray empties ready for you to add content too, once you exit edit mode.

OP
Q

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
Quick update

Workedfor about 3 more hours on sweeter home tonight, I have four of the five screens configured almost how I want. The last one is the center screen, when I do that one I will probably end up tweaking the other four screens. No lag at all so far except for when I was listening to music while transferring music over wifi... it crashed and I had to do a complete reboot.

MJ5150

Reaction score
qwiksilver77....make sure you save your theme to your SD card, and then upload it to the website when you have it officially done so others can check it out.

I still love SweeterHome, but I have noticed that it consumes quite a bit of battery life. I am going to run without it for a few days and do some comparisons on battery life.

It took me about five hours to get all my screens configured. I totally love creating hidden springboards that launch app trays and widgets. Having my screens be totally blank until I click on certain areas is awesome.

-Mike

OP
Q

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
i've put about six hours into my theme now, probably got about six more to go, keep in mind i really only work on it when i'm in bed, and usually that means I'm a bit doped up on sleepin pills, so my six hours is probably someone elses 3, but hey i'm working on it.

I havent noticed a huge difference in battery life, but i'm still using stock home and not done with sweeter home yet, i'll have to pay attention to it and see what my difference is when i do finish. aftre this i'm thinking about rooting and seeing how that goes

punyweakling

Reaction score
I still love SweeterHome, but I have noticed that it consumes quite a bit of battery life. I am going to run without it for a few days and do some comparisons on battery life.
If you compare make sure you keep the number of active widgets the same. I don't trust widgets in general...

OP
Q

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
getting closer and closer to actually making the complete jump to sweeter home as a default, I probably will be finishing up the rough copy of the theme tonight, and making the switch. I'd consider my theme to be 'beta' now, still very very rough around the edges.

I have found a lot of help from downloading themes and looking at the settings and how they are doing things. I wish I could edit the themes and look at the settings and stuff on my pc, that would cut alot of my editing time down.

MJ5150

Reaction score
If you compare make sure you keep the number of active widgets the same. I don't trust widgets in general...

Ahhhhh.....good point. I didn't think about that. It may have been all the extra widgets I loaded for SH.

-Mike

Last edited:
OP
Q

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
another question, on other peoples themes i see different icons, like the phone app is just a phone, instead of the phone with the blue background, how do i do that