Simple app to add home screens (without the rest of the glittery crap)

djbis

Reaction score
Just want to avoid draining the battery any more. I tried PandaHome which looked cheesy and pixelated, yet had some great features (side docks and multiple home screens).

If anybody can provide any suggestions to a lightweight app that provides multi-desktop or home screen feature I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

coolkidd

Reaction score
Yeah, just use the App Organizer.... I use the App Organizer on my stock Home Screens.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've heard that the developer of Home++ is working on a simple "home replacement" that is just the stock home with more screens. Maybe you should email him.

zasran

Reaction score
I like GDE, with unobtrusive theme it's very out-of-your-way, has cool transitions (from screen to screen) and nice app dock to organize apps.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Just want to avoid draining the battery any more. I tried PandaHome which looked cheesy and pixelated, yet had some great features (side docks and multiple home screens).

If anybody can provide any suggestions to a lightweight app that provides multi-desktop or home screen feature I would really appreciate it.

Thank you
thats because you need to choose the default theme with PandaHome. The themes that come with it are horrible.

You can also use aHome and openhomne themes with Panda which are very nice.

First pic is PandaHome with an openhome theme and second pic is Panda with default theme (the one I suggested)

PandaHome w/ openhome theme (realize)

attachment.php

Panda w/ default theme

attachment.php

SirSyeco

Reaction score
I'm the same.. I like pandas functinality, and Home ++ to me uses the low res icons which bug me so..

More screens would be nice

fsolomon75

Reaction score
Is it possible to add an openhome theme with the default home screen or do you need an app like panda or openhome to install a new theme?

I love the huge clock/weather/date interface but I don't need all the other bells and whistles that come with it.

RkQue

Reaction score
I got rid of Home++. I didn't like not seeing the notification bar at the top.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it possible to add an openhome theme with the default home screen or do you need an app like panda or openhome to install a new theme?

I love the huge clock/weather/date interface but I don't need all the other bells and whistles that come with it.

you need the corresponding app to run a theme.

shademar

Reaction score

If you long press the notification icon, it toggles the notification bar on and off. It's set to off by default, but it's very easy to have it if you want it.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm the same.. I like pandas functinality, and Home ++ to me uses the low res icons which bug me so..

More screens would be nice
What do you mean low res icons? The icons look the same as they do on any other Home replacement? Do you mean that the icons at the bottom are too small? If so, they are perfect in my opinion. They are small but still clear and easy to hit. Plus if they got any bigger they would be distracting and take up too much space.

If you long press the notification icon, it toggles the notification bar on and off. It's set to off by default, but it's very easy to have it if you want it.
Exactly what I was about to say :)

tracylee

Reaction score
I use Panda but replaced the background with one I preferred. I didn't like any of the free theme backgrounds. I guess I really don't look at the icons much and just read the text under them.

shademar

Reaction score
home++ layout (sans notification bar) along with beautiful and pure calendar widgets. (mostly I just wanted to test the new screencap ability :) )

Home_1260733902844.png