New Launcher+ App! Only adds home screens without any of the junk!

superdesi

Reaction score
Other users have also reported it here so I'm not going to take the credit of finding it. I was originally alerted by a user at androidforums.

Anyways, say good bye to the constant force closing og pandahome or crashing home++!

Launcher+ Beta was just released (by the same guys who made home++) and it ONLY adds extra homescreens. Its minimalist, its AWESOME, and so far it works well.

I'll be honest I had one force close, but I'm a HEAVY user of widgets, so that's probably why. Even still, one force close is still not that bad. Also, I had issues with home++ and Apps organizer, but this works really well with Apps organizer.

Get it while its HOT!!! :icon_ banana:

Search Launcher+ in the market or you can go here.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Other users have also reported it here so I'm not going to take the credit of finding it. I was originally alerted by a user at androidforums.

Anyways, say good bye to the constant force closing og pandahome or crashing home++!

Launcher+ Beta was just released (by the same guys who made home++) and it ONLY adds extra homescreens. Its minimalist, its AWESOME, and so far it works well.

I'll be honest I had one force close, but I'm a HEAVY user of widgets, so that's probably why. Even still, one force close is still not that bad. Also, I had issues with home++ and Apps organizer, but this works really well with Apps organizer.

Get it while its HOT!!! :icon_ banana:

Search Launcher+ in the market or you can go here.
Cool thanks for the heads up!! I'm going to go try it out right now!

OP
S

superdesi

Reaction score
After playing around with it, it seems Launcher+ and pure calendar widget do not get along...Launcher+ force closes a lot when I try to play around with the pure calendar widget. It got so bad that when I clicked on a date to view my daily appointments, Launcher+ kept force closing as soon as it relaunched, so I was caught in a force close loop o_O

But I just pressed the home button and it reloaded okay. But nonetheless, watch out for pure calendar widget. If anyone has a positive experience with pure calendar and Launcher+ let me know maybe its something I'm doing.

Greg

Reaction score
I'm confused.... I installed Launcher+ but dont see it anywhere. I've checked my apps list, under widgets etc... and dont see it, however it is listed as being installed. Can anyone clue me in on this?

OP
S

superdesi

Reaction score
I'm confused.... I installed Launcher+ but dont see it anywhere. I've checked my apps list, under widgets etc... and dont see it, however it is listed as being installed. Can anyone clue me in on this?

Yea I dont see it in mine either. Try pressing the home button, that might bring it up. If not, go into market and hit settings/menu and go to your downloads. You should be able to access it from there.

OP
S

superdesi

Reaction score
Figured out some tweaks for Launcher+ to get it working smoothly, thanks to other users at another forum site. Now, Launcher itself is very stable and I've only had 2 issues with force closing (pure calendar) but when I implemented the two fixes below, problems were all solved.

1)Remove widgets from your other home apps, that will allow the widgets in launcher to run smoother

2)the best way to fix Launcher++ apps is to uninstall your other home apps completely. This will help a lot. This option is only for those who are set on using Launcher+ as their primary homescreen app. For others who are merely testing it, this is not a feasible option obviously

on a sidenote, I saw that once I uninstalled a homescreen app (pandahome and home++) and when i reinstalled them, they brought back my homescreens the way i left them customized...but there were some discrepencies. Widgets especially were missing in some. But anyways, just a thought for those who are thoughtful.

andrew23215

Reaction score
Wow this is pretty cool. Go to the Launcher+ homescreen and hold the menu button and u can select a screen to go to instead of swiping all the way.

OP
S

superdesi

Reaction score
Wow this is pretty cool. Go to the Launcher+ homescreen and hold the menu button and u can select a screen to go to instead of swiping all the way.

I remember reading that somewhere but completely forgot abt it. Thanks for the tip, its pretty sick!

OP
S

superdesi

Reaction score
I'm having force close issues again. When I get a txt message pop up and try to answer it in landscape mode, force close looping starts to occur. Also, sometimes when I wake up my droid in landscape mode it force closes. Can anyone else replicate this problem or know of any fix?

droiddict

Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying this app but can anyone tell me why it needs access to make phone calls? I hate those warnings about all the access possibilities.

OP
S

superdesi

Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying this app but can anyone tell me why it needs access to make phone calls? I hate those warnings about all the access possibilities.

I think most if not all homescreen apps require access to the phone app. Possibly to tell phone app where to exit to when you hit the home button? I'm not exactly sure tho since I am not well versed in android app permissions.

Graffin

Reaction score
This app is awesome. I'm digging it. Thanks for the recommendation.

This may be a stupid question, but once I've set launcher as my default home app, how do I get back to my old home screen so I can remove widgets and such?