Will you remove Home ++, PandaHome, GDE, etc. after 2.1?

ziggynagy

Reaction score
Time will tell......

True enough. I'm using Home++ with 4 screens so I don't need a lot of screens, but I do like the fact that I can make a call from any of them, rather than having to put a phone icon on every screen.

I'll uninstall just to give 2.1 a try, but home++'s edge is still with the powerstrip. It's geat to be able to make calls and browse the web from any screen (feature I haven't seen on any of the 2.1 demos). Haven't had the FC issues that's been reported, though i've only had home++ for 7 days.

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
I'll wait to see what 2.1 is like. I only have Home++ installed, but I haven't been using it lately. I'd been getting a lot of force closes lately, so I'm back to the base Home. I haven't uninstalled Home++, though.

So, yeah, if 2.1 does what I want from Home++, but with-out the fc's, then I wouldn't need Home++ anymore.

ke0kie

Reaction score
So it appears that its safe to say the FORCE CLOSES I've been getting with Home++ may be related to why the interface is laggy.

Fore me home++ is useful for

1) up to 7 panes
2) mini (customizable) icon bar at the bottom

I'll ditch home++ with 2.1's update to 5 panes, and live w/o the mini icon bar.

--Scott

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last week I removed my home replacements. Used Home++ for a long time, and the 2.1 Launcher since it was released. I'm back to three screens, and while I miss the extra screens and some functions.... my Droid is noticeably faster than it was with either home replacement option I had run.

Waiting to see 2.1 Launcher working full for us Droid-ers :) (The ripped apk had landscape issues)

Justbags

Reaction score
I Most likely will... GDE updated and now forcecloses 10 times a day! So annoying!

ke0kie

Reaction score
Ya, I just downsized back into a stock 3 pane setup, and its a better (faster) experience.

I'm sticking stock until 2.1 for the Droid is officially released.

--Scott

clwither

Reaction score
Open home crashes like a B... The only reason why im using it is for theming my phone. Once I have sufficient time to edit the icons on my apks I will probably remove it.

eNonsense

Reaction score
Last week I removed my home replacements. Used Home++ for a long time, and the 2.1 Launcher since it was released. I'm back to three screens, and while I miss the extra screens and some functions.... my Droid is noticeably faster than it was with either home replacement option I had run.

Waiting to see 2.1 Launcher working full for us Droid-ers :) (The ripped apk had landscape issues)

Exactly. I used to be a dxTop user and Home++ sometimes. I haven't been using a homescreen replacement for a couple weeks though. My phone is consistently quicker and more stable and I really like it. I miss some of the functionality, but having 2 more home screens will help a lot, so I'll be glad to have 2.1. I paid for widgets that I'm not using right now because I don't have the space.

intense.klr

Reaction score
I have Panda Home and it hasn't given me any real fits. Only the very occasional problem. I like the ability to replace my icons with some custom ones that DroidMunkey on these forums made. And being able to rename them as well.

Now...if 2.1 gives me that capability...then I'm sure Panda would get archived...lol.

It just seems kinda unclear as to the exact improvements and capabilities are...

I'll probably be keeping Panda mainly for the dock bars, love'em.http://www.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/smile2/icon_ banana.gif I wouldn't need more than 5 screens, but would miss the ability to access tools I have on the docks from any screen at the flip of my thumb.

Techenigma

Reaction score
I use dxTop, and always will. The only reason I even want the 2.1 update is for the app updates. Though since the install-fest in the past 14 hours I already have most of the ported 2.1 apps installed on my 2.01 ROM.

I like the features of dxTop, and having the app manager built in on the home screen via the drawer. I haven't had any issues whatsoever, and besides I already paid for it so if I dump it I'm out that money in a sense.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I agree with the others about Home++. I like it alot but would really miss the power strip.
I havent removed mine, but i will when the 2.1 comes in. I want mine clean and ready to rock just in case of software conflicts.
heh

ASN-121

Reaction score
I'm keeping Home++ for the power strip as long as it still works on 2.1. I love having all the functionality without cluttering the screen. I'm all about simplicity/minimalistic style on my phone, and I would love to make it even more streamlined. I hate having half my screen taken up, notably by the clock/weather (I disable the notification strip, because it, too, is cluttered, and I like to know more about my weather than just the current temp), so having the power strip is a Godsend to me. I wish I could put more icons down there... Messaging, IM clients, etc. I don't care too much for the look of the app drawer either.

And I haven't really had any issues with it, other than the occasional force close, but that's like maybe once, twice a month tops for me. I've been running it since like November or so, must be lucky.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
home++ really disappointed me. so many force closes and app drawer issues... only reason for it was 5 homescreens and hiding the notification bar