Will you remove Home ++, PandaHome, GDE, etc. after 2.1?

yamaha83

Reaction score
i like the cube effect with GDE as well as the docking widget it comes with... as well as having the 3 buttons on the bottom at all time for call, apps, web... so it depends on if the new 2.1 has features that make it better...

pcm2a

Reaction score
I will continue using dxTop or GDE because they both take advantage of the wasted space where your app drawer arrow is.

GDE has the same up arrow that your Droid has, but also gives you TWO icon spaces on either side. I set them to Phone and Browser. Really nice having them on all my screens.

dxTop lets you swipe down there between the up arrow and FIVE icons. I leave it on the 5 icon mode and have 3 down there. You can long press "Menu" (the physical menu button thing) and it will open the app drawer.

I want to have an icon or two (the most important ones) without having to change screens. I also dont want to take up 2 spots on all 5 screens with it!

Hareball

Reaction score
I won't be leaving GDE until Anroid offers a static toolbar where I can have my phone and contacts links like on the iPhone.

CyberLaw

Reaction score
I'll probably remove GDE once I get 5 screens...I do enjoy the "cube" transitions, but that and the added screens about the only GDE features that I use.

RedBull

Reaction score
I have Panda Home and it hasn't given me any real fits. Only the very occasional problem. I like the ability to replace my icons with some custom ones that DroidMunkey on these forums made. And being able to rename them as well.

Now...if 2.1 gives me that capability...then I'm sure Panda would get archived...lol.

It just seems kinda unclear as to the exact improvements and capabilities are...

g8gt2012

Reaction score
Have to wait to see if 2.1 has a lot of the ease of functionality as home++, phone and browser and notification bar hide along with others. Been having problems with home++ FC lately and its laggy so only time will tell.

SRR1138

Reaction score
I have not had many problems with fc's on h++. But then I haven't upgraded for awhile so I do not know if a current version is worse. With that said I will go with 2.1, stock at first just to see if it gives me something that h++ doesn't.

bucket_of_does

Reaction score
Have to wait to see if 2.1 has a lot of the ease of functionality as home++, phone and browser and notification bar hide along with others. Been having problems with home++ FC lately and its laggy so only time will tell.

Yep. If Home++ didn't lag/FC (basically just ran smoothly), it would probably dominate the home screen options we have. In it's current state, not sure yet if I'll be using it over 2.1

ParaGod

Reaction score
I used Home for 2 days and hate it. I was frozen 3 times trying to use apps, and starting the phone it(Home) froze just about everytime. So I am now getting rid of it

Friend-O

Reaction score
I do however love the power strip in Home++, I don't think I could live without it. I haven't had much trouble with Home++ myself, and hopefully never do.

Ditto. I have not personally experienced the lag and fc issues others have reported, so I will definitely continue using Home++ after the update. I love the extra functionality it delivers.

g8gt2012

Reaction score
Yep. If Home++ didn't lag/FC (basically just ran smoothly), it would probably dominate the home screen options we have. In it's current state, not sure yet if I'll be using it over 2.1

Yeah, hopefully 2.1 will have something similar to it and to GDE's application dock. That is by far the best widget for multiple applications IMO, to bad it's only on GDE :sad:

So will 2.1 be the alternate home killer??:blink:

pilot25

Reaction score
sounds like they all FC a lot. I think once people see how fast 2.1 is with 5 screens the home replacements will be quickly out of business unless they start putting out a good product.

NeutronBomb

Reaction score
I love gde but the ability to hide the notification bar in home++ I will probably still use it after 2.1 for that reason alone. Unless of course they give us the option to make it transparent or change colors.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Time will tell......

True enough. I'm using Home++ with 4 screens so I don't need a lot of screens, but I do like the fact that I can make a call from any of them, rather than having to put a phone icon on every screen.