A New Motorola Droid and Two New Moto X Devices Show Up in Leaked Pics

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola-smartphones-leaked-combo-pics.jpg

Motorola fans have several new things to look forward to this year, if this latest leak is accurate. We have leaked images of an unknown Moto X device, the next-gen Moto X4 and the newest Motorola Droid!

As you can see in the image above, we have all three leaked images combined for a quick glance. It's important to note that these images are not necessarily to scale. You can check out the individual pics below in the thread. Of particular note is that the supposedly leaked Droid device (the far right) has a colorful customized backplate. Does this mean the Verizon exclusive Droid series will now be customizable on Moto Maker as well? That would be a fair guess.

There's nothing too unusual about the Moto X 2016 Edition (in the middle). It looks like a refined version of the previous generation Moto X. The far left device is something brand new. The leak indicated it is a Moto X phone, so it could be some new variant that Lenovo and Motorola have cooked up. As always, we will keep you updated with more intel as it spills out.

Source: HelloMotoHK

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are the Moto X 2016, the Moto X unknown, and the new Droid:

moto-x-2016-1.jpg

moto-x-variant-2016.jpg

2016-motorola-droid.jpg

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
So with news I can probably forget my Droid Turbo ever getting Marshmallow now. Wonder if they will be using the weatherproof screens like the Turbo 2.

realged13

Reaction score
I wonder how the new Droid and Note 6 are going to compare besides screen sizes. I am really tempted to jump to the Note if the droid is subpar. Screen size isn't a huge deal for me and won't be the deal breaker.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I want a Phone more like the Project Ara was supposed to be not like the G5. I dont like the G5 at all.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I want a Phone more like the Project Ara was supposed to be not like the G5. I dont like the G5 at all.

Unfortunately it will take some time before we can go full Ara. But at least we are making the strides.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Please, please for the love of all cute puppies and kittens do not release any new Droid or Moto X with that camera bump sticking that far out of the back! Noooooooo! I like the look of the rounded camera, but it needs to be flush, just like the Droid Turbo, Turbo 2, Moto X, Moto X 2014 and all Moto X 2015 variants. And why isn't the Moto logo on the back recessed? I can't see them giving up the appealing "Moto Dimple". Hopefully these are just some very early render pics / drawings and nowhere near the final design. Stick with the flush camera, Moto dimple and curved back style that make your phones recognizable and ergonomic.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So with news I can probably forget my Droid Turbo ever getting Marshmallow now. Wonder if they will be using the weatherproof screens like the Turbo 2.

I certainly would not assume that. Moto has been good about getting 2 updates to all their flagships. That's a fact.
Conversely, however, they just aren't very quick at getting them out. I'm sure you'll get it. Probably this summer...

I don't love these either, Sajo. The last one with the iPhone sides??? BLECH. I like the side bexel on my T2. I think it's perfect.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
They all look like the same phone to me with different colors.