Droid Turbo 2 Coming to USA Along with Moto X Play as the Droid MAXX 2 [Rumor]

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not saying that these guys are wrong, they very well might be correct. But if I remember correctly, the same website posted the "leaked" pics and specs of the Droid 5 a few years ago and that never materialized. When the Droid Landing page lights up with activity, them I might start to believe it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You mean that pure delisciousness that is the G3? :D
The g3 to a moto lover...is a yuck phone..simply because of the UI..at least to me..I like what I like.. We all do. The screen is really what ruined the g3 for me and the button location..it made it a drop hazard because if how my brain has been hardwired..I used it for over a year..couldn't do it..

The device itself..no qi charging unless you use the LG circle case(I tried "factory qi units" from amazon, and eBay) they'd work for a week and then quit yet my other qi phones would keep trucking...

Dim though great resolution for the screen..

Knock on was hit or miss which after a year you would think should be second nature..

So to me..I wasn't meant for LG..lol

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm not saying that these guys are wrong, they very well might be correct. But if I remember correctly, the same website posted the "leaked" pics and specs of the Droid 5 a few years ago and that never materialized. When the Droid Landing page lights up with activity, them I might start to believe it.

I would hope moto would keep some differences in the droids and moto x or whatever..line up.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Folks on the Moto forum have been saying the same thing: one of the new Moto X series will be rebranded as the new Droid for 2015. As far as the supposed names "Maxx 2" and "Turbo 2" I don't believe that yet. I can see the new Droid being very similar to the new Moto X, that would follow suit with the 2013 lineup and 2014 lineup. But I think the new Droid will have its own name just like the Turbo did.