New Motorola Droid and Moto X Lineup Show Off in Leaked Pic [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
new-motorola-lineup-july-2015.jpg

The image you see above is supposedly the new Motorola lineup for this year. From left to right we have the Droid Mini, the Moto G 2015, the Droid and finally the Moto X 2015. If these images are real, there are some interesting commonalities between the different Motorola smartphones. They all seem to include a silver-colored (possibly metallic) back-piece which surrounds the rear camera, the flash, and includes the Motorola dimple. Also, they all seem to have a textured black rubber/plastic back.

If this is accurate, this would be a departure from the Kevlar back usually found on the Droid series. What do you guys think of this leak? Real or fake? Also, what do you think of Motorola's decision to make the Droid series similar to the Moto X & G series?

Source: Hellomotohk - Mobile Uploads Facebook

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Looks like Moto is trying to emulate LG with a back power button, or so it seems with that "new look". (Hard to tell on Tapatalk) I thought the "textured black rubber/plastic back" was because all of these devices were in a case. (Mainly because the "case" in the first picture isn't centered very well)
.....yeah, that's a weak leak. the photographer (or Photoshop artist) was bored.

S5 tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I tend to agree with @cr6 looks like they are either in black cases, or they are temp / fake back panels while the phones are still in development. I remember seeing "leaked" pics of either the 2013 Moto X & Droid Ultra or the 2014 Moto X & Droid Turbo similar to these and the final product was very different. Either way, looks like another year that I may be torn between the new Droid and the new Moto X. Looking forward to seeing both in person!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even of real, the X will be customizable through motomaker so the leak for the X isn't really too telling.