New Motorola Droid Back Panel Image Leaked; Plus Moto X Sport Rumored & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-droid-back-panel-july-2015.png

Here is the hottest Motorola news to kick off your work week. We have intel on three rumored Moto devices including an image of a Motorola Droid back panel (shown above). Not other details are yet known on the above Droid smartphone, but we will share anything else as soon as we get it. What's intriguing about the image is that the back seems to have an almost "rubber-like" quality. Could Moto be planning an even more resilient "active" version of the Droid? We can't wait to see.

On top of the leaked image, we also have some intel on two Moto smartphones coming later this year. One is the 3rd generation Moto G. Although nothing new was revealed about the device, it's basically further confirmation that it is almost out of the pipeline. There is a rumor of a new Moto X. The new version will supposedly be called the Moto X Sport.

Perhaps the wires were crossed on some of this intel, and the above device images is actually for this supposed Moto X Sport... What do you think?

Source: PhoneArena

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I don't like it. I still prefer the 2013 Moto X's back and the Nexus 6's back over any of the others that Motorola has released.

JDH

Reaction score
I like my ballistic nylon turbo's back, although if my hands are very dry it's a bit slippery. A little hand lotion helps and no worries. Texture is a real plus

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I really don't like the idea of making every phone moto makes, look similar...what happened to the days of building off of what they look like now and carrying them in their own brand and name specific directions??

It's like a lot of cars now days...IMHO..I guess it cuts down on tooling their factories..

People say that this era is all about individuality.. I say the way of the current market is cookie cutter everything...add a different color and people are like....ooooooh...mine is different... I guess it's better than nothing to set them apart..

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
In for active moto x...if I can root it.

JDH

Reaction score
Looks kinda old fashioned to me, throwback.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
My preferred business choices if Moto made 3 top tier phones:
1. 5.5" Moto X, Nexus 6 Design, water proof, customizable
2. 5.0" Droid Turbo with on screen buttons, water proof, and wrapped in raw carbon fiber or kevlar
3. 4.5" Moto X, Moto X 2014 design, water proof, maxx battery, and customizable

Mid Tier:
1. 4.5" Moto G, Moto X 2013 design,

Another logical product offering would be:
1. 5.2" Droid
2. 4.7" Moto X
3. 4.5" Moto G