Droid Turbo 2 Coming to USA Along with Moto X Play as the Droid MAXX 2 [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-droid-maxx-2-backs-2.jpg

Here are a few exciting leaked pics of a new Motorola device coming to the US. Supposedly, the Moto X Play will end up hitting North American shores after all, but with the Droid MAXX 2 branding. The various backs of the Droid MAXX 2 is what these images depict.

Based upon the specs of the Moto X Play, the Droid MAXX 2 will not be a full fledged flagship phone, which could be disappointing to some. That doesn't mean there won't be a Moto flagship launch though. Along with the leaked pics, some new intel surfaced as well. Supposedly, the Droid MAXX 2 will not be alone, but will be accompanied by a new Droid Turbo 2 device, which will be the flagship.

So, perhaps this news story is a "good news, bad news" deal? What do you folks think?

The rest of the images are in the thread below.

Source: HelloMotoHK: (1) & (2)

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are the rest of those Droid MAXX 2 back cover images:

moto-droid-maxx-2-backs-1.jpg

moto-droid-maxx-2-backs-2.jpg

moto-droid-maxx-2-backs-3.jpg

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
:( I hope not..the current turbo is its own device..these make it appear that the new turbo will be a moto x looking device... No thanx..
If the turbo 2 isn't a flagship..then what is the droid flagship going to be?? Haven't been hearing a bunch from leaks this year..unlike last year..

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The various backs of the Droid MAXX 2 is what these images depict.
^^^
:( I hope not..the current turbo is its own device..these make it appear that the new turbo will be a moto x looking device... No thanx..
If the turbo 2 isn't a flagship..then what is the droid flagship going to be?? Haven't been hearing a bunch from leaks this year..unlike last year..
I'm betting the Turbo 2 will still carry some of the design language of the original Turbo. Also, the OP says that the MAXX 2 won't be a flagship, but will be accompanied by the Turbo 2, which will be a flagship device.

Of course, this is all if these rumors are true. ;)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess you didn't read the OP... the images are of the Droid MAXX 2. ;)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I guess you didn't read the OP... the images are of the Droid MAXX 2. ;)
But if the design holds true..they'll look alike..

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
But if the design holds true..they'll look alike..
No buddy. This thread is about 2 different devices. the MAXX 2, who's back plates are pictured and the Turbo 2. There's no reason to believe the Turbo will look like the Moto X, because the MAXX 2 is the one that's the Moto X Play.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although he does have a point... It's possible the Droid Turbo could end up looking similar. Hopefully we will have more info and leaked pics on the Droid Turbo soon too.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The moto maxx..is a gsm variant of the turbo in current production..

Hence my reasoning...the maxx2 and the turbo 2 will probably hold similar form factors...one being gsm and the other being what appears to be a mid level vzw variant...either way..these pics look like the motox...and pretty similar to the g3 as well..yuck...

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of the Droid Maxx also, and was going to ask why they would bring out a new version of a phone that is coming on 2 years old. Completely forgot about the Moto Maxx

Sent from my Verizon G4

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
A lot of people aren't aware of the moto maxx...just the droid maxx or razr maxx versions..they've maxxd out on the name...IMHO..

Now they're using maxx2?? Let's see...razr maxx, razr maxx hd. Droid maxx, moto maxx, maxx2 ..that's a lot lot lot of use of one name in any area I would think...funny part is I've owned em all but the moto maxx...smdh..