901 and received / installed the 902 soak test build??? Post here!!!

Rodimus4180

Reaction score
Nri, if your rooted download phantom flashers dropbox from post 38 and use root explorer to move it to your external sd card. If your not rooted download it on your computer and transfer the file to your phones external sd card. After you have it on your phone, turn it off. Them hold both volume buttons and the power button and you get a startup menu, use the volume down to highlight recovery and then press volume up to select. This brings to the stock recovery and from there highlight update from sd card and select Blur_Version.5.9.901.XT875.en.US then press the power button and let the update do its thing.
Thanks phantom for grabbing the update and sharing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Can someone please post step by step instructions on where to download the ZIP file (in the phone directory) and how to install it, in order to upgrade from 901 to 902? I saw the zip file from the thread # 38. I appreciate any response on this. Thanks.

Download the file and put it on the phones EXTERNAL SD Card (NOT internal). Reboot into recovery (Vol Down + Vol Up + Power Button). Then use the Vol Down key to go to Recovery. When Recovery is highlighted pre vol Up key. Wait till you see a Yellow !. Then press Vol Down + Vol Up.

Then it's just going to update zip from SD (I think thats the name) and pressing the power key.

bladewriter

Reaction score
Others might want to post the the file from post #38 to other download locations. When I posted the 901 update this past Dec, it took about 12 hours before Dropbox gave me a 3 day timeout for generating excessive traffic. Dropbox has a 10G/day limit on the freebee accounts. This 902 update is about half the size of 901 so I suspect tomorrow evening the public link will break in post #38.

In other words... Get it while you can!

Just looking to the future... :icon_ lala:

I've put it up on mediafire

Blur_Version.5.9.901.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip

Last edited:

nri1998

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I installed it with no problems. Now waiting to see how this works.

nri1998

Reaction score
Download the zip from post 38. Drop it on the root of your sd card (not in any folders). Turn off your phone and then turn it back on while holding down both volume keys. Press volume down to highlight recovery, then volume up to select it. When the exclamation point shows up, press both volume keys again. Use the volume keys to navigate up and down. Go to apply update from sdcard. Use the power button to select it. Select the zip, wait a few minutes, and have fun with .902!

Thanks a lot.

Stewinashoe

Reaction score
Others might want to post the the file from post #38 to other download locations. When I posted the 901 update this past Dec, it took about 12 hours before Dropbox gave me a 3 day timeout for generating excessive traffic. Dropbox has a 10G/day limit on the freebee accounts. This 902 update is about half the size of 901 so I suspect tomorrow evening the public link will break in post #38.

In other words... Get it while you can!

Just looking to the future... :icon_ lala:

Good thinking. I just uploaded it to my Ubuntu One account. Don't know if they have a bandwidth limit or not. Anyways, here's my link in case the other gets overwhelmed. http://ubuntuone.com/0Lh4q35LdZv4qWJ1f0ekGK

Bionic

Reaction score
+ 1 on 901 to 902 success using the 23MB OTA update. Kept forever root too.

I seem to have lost my marginal LTE signal though. I was able to get a weak but usable LTE signal on the 2nd floor of my house with 901, but after 902, I'm back to 3G.

Too early to say for sure, but the new radio seems less sensitive. Has anyone compared signal strength between builds yet? It could also just be due to a higher threshold for switching to LTE.

Edit: posted too soon. Just toggled LTE and now have LTE again. Better yet, just tried a speedtest and pulled 8Mbps down, which is 3X what I was getting before. And that's with 0.5 bars. Nice!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
From the looks of it, unless you were one of the ORIGINAL people to "accidentally" receive the .901, you're off the upgrade path for now... you need to manually install the .902 over the .901.

Not necessarily. The OTA update going to .902 is named Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip, while the ones who got the accidental .901 received Blur_Version.5.9.901.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip. FantomPhlasher's update is one of the latter. It's much smaller and is designed to go update from .901 to .902. In theory the next update (if there is one) will be Blur_Version.5.9.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip.

Can someone please post step by step instructions on where to download the ZIP file (in the phone directory) and how to install it, in order to upgrade from 901 to 902? I saw the zip file from the thread # 38. I appreciate any response on this. Thanks.

Others have replied, but I'm going to put it more step by step.

1. Go to Menu>Setting>Applications>Development and check "USB Debugging."
2. Plug phone into computer.
3. Press "Mass USB Storage" from the list of choices. Two drives will show up. One is MOT (Internal Storage) and the other is Removable Drive (SD-EXT).
4. Put the downloaded file on the root (ie main area) of SD-EXT (not internal storage). No need to change the name or extract it.
5. Eject both MOT and Removable Drive and disconnect the phone from your computer.
6. Power phone down
7. Reboot into stock recovery (adb reboot recovery) by holding Power and Volume Up/Down at the same time.
8. When the robot appears, press both volume keys in at the same time.
9. Select “apply update from sdcard” using the volume keys, then Power to initiate it.
10. Using the Volume keys, choose the file that you downloaded above, press Power and let it load.
11. When the install is done, press Power. It'll reboot, but it'll be longer than normal (a few minutes)

Last edited:

cybric

Reaction score
Thanks for posting 902.

ripper2860

Reaction score
Went from rooted .901 (side-loaded) to .902 (side-loaded) via PhantomPhlasher's file...

http://db.tt/GFqAz7lA
All went well and kept root. Thanks!!! dancedroid

Last edited:

lykofos

Reaction score
I was an 901 OTA back last 19 Dec. Here's my Dropbox link to the 22.5 M OTA file I received tonight.

http://db.tt/GFqAz7lA

Let us know how it works as my 901 is working great and I don't really want to break what's not broken.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Sweet, thx as always! This one should work for 99% of the people who sideloaded .901 since the original droid-life article that spread the .901 update file was a link to Phlasher's dropbox / original thread here. So his .902 OTA upgrade should be golden.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Update file from here worked great!

I was part of the soak test, but Moto didn't send out the file to me. Figured it didn't matter where I got the file from.

nvssei

Reaction score
I can also confirm downloaded .901 to downloaded .902 installs and has no problems so far. Haven't had it long enough to note improvements yet.

wolf102

Reaction score
I could use some help getting this to work on my phone.I have tried all of the links and they all fail.when they fail it says error status 7.my phone is rooted, with 901, overclocked to 1275, and v6 super charged with a stock ROM.thanks

junksecret

Reaction score
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thanks to FantomPhlasher in post #38 & the instructions from Stewinashoe in post 72.

I was rooted with 901 sideloaded. I had changed boot animations, cameras, tons of files still frozen by Titanium Backup and it installed without a hiccup, retained my forever and all my frozen files, boot animations, etc.

Now I'm gonna go delete about 6gb of updates, cheesecake, etc. and enjoy!