Bionic build 5.9.901....Initial impressions......and what we know so far

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
@
sgregory111
THANKS for your reply bud .... cant wait for it to appear on our systems .. i would do it now but i know s**t about adb,commands , and all that other stuff ........

ExSuperHero

Reaction score
I really want this build but I'm having some difficulty. When I try to update to .893 so I can install this I get an error after install that says it did not install correctly. I have done a complete factory reset with forever root and a factory reset from the recovery menu. Anyone have an suggestions?

brunla

Reaction score
Oh boy. Is this a root thing? I have no idea what safestrap or clockwork is. Stock here.

Charge to 100%
Boot into either safestrap or clockwork.
Reset battery stats.
Run phone until dead, with NO charging.
Good to go.

-Bionic Beast via Tapatalk

kamisan

Reaction score
901 was rolled out in some areas, the p3 901 is official not a leak, it you are for3v3r rooted you will maintain root. If you do the 5.5.893 then 5.9.901 it looses it.. you have to stop at 5.5.893 set yoru for3v3r root then do the 901.. (for anyone on a leaked 5.7.893 etc) 901 though was not rolled out everywhere... But since it is not a CHEESECAKE version there should be support from moto and vzw...
most custom roms remove the for3v3r root scripts (few lines added to mount_ext)...

MdicnMan

Reaction score
So it would appear that .901 doesn't fix the random rebooting issue. I sure wish we knew for sure if this was a hardware issue or not. :angry:

cybric

Reaction score
I've never had a reboot issue with any of the 4 bionics that I've had. With 901 I am still getting a few 3g data drops. 4g is working great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

thetingster

Reaction score
I had the random reboots on previous versions. Since 901 haven't had a single problem.

bigtex52

Reaction score
It doesn't seem to be a widely reported issue so I would guess that either you are running some apps that don't play together nicely or your hardware is faulty. I would try stripping out the apps first and see if that affects things. Then add them back slowly and watch for the problem returning.

OP
nateohio

nateohio

Reaction score
That would be my guess. Id like to know if those of you having the random reboots have custom launchers, battery saving apps, custom roms, our task killers running.

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
That would be my guess. Id like to know if those of you having the random reboots have custom launchers, battery saving apps, custom roms, our task killers running.

I have the occasional random reboot... I have a custom launcher, go, but I don't use it anymore because I find blur to be much faster. I also have widget lock. When it happens for me, it just stops responding for a moment, or acting strange, but only for a few seconds before the reboot.

I'm still on 893. I've only had this happen a couple of times since the OTA went out, much more frequent on 886.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Batman8

Reaction score
I previously installed the leaked .893 and ForeverRoot, then later used the FXZ method to get back to stock .886 successfully. I later received the .893 OTA update from Verizon so I feel pretty safe that I am obviously back on the upgrade path since I DID receive it over the air. However, I have now had more data connection problems than ever since I got the OTA .893, so I am considering using the .901 update that is packaged within P3Droid's new one-click method.

Has anyone tried just using the .901 update from there by itself (without running the one-click scripts and all)? And if so, does anyone know for sure that it will keep you on the upgrade path if installing the update all by itself? I'm hoping that the ForeverRoot will keep me rooted as well.

These connection issues are driving me crazy, and I hear that folks on .901 are having no problems at all. Please share your thoughts, and "sorry" if this info is already in this thread somewhere...there are just too many pages to sort through. Thanks.