Minor software bug with 5.9.901

nateohio

Reaction score
Okay everybody, I've experienced a very minor software bug while on build 5.9.901, and I want to know if other users are experiencing the same thing.

I've noticed that when you reboot the phone, the battery reporting jumps.

Example: Off the charger, wearing the battery down to 70% and then reboot. After reboot battery is being reported as 100%.

It typically jumps about 20-30% for me and I'm really curious to see if other users are experiencing this. The Droid X2 has the same problem with the latest update, so it's something in the programming.

Play around with it and post your results here, so I can verify that it's not an isolated thing with my phone and a potential problem with my battery.

This is only a minor bug and shouldn't discourage those of you thinking about installing 901. The quality of the build is more than worth this miniscule annoyance.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I also think some of the moto LWP are a bit messed up. Mainly the Forest one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

deduct

Reaction score
This has not happened to me yet. But i'll run battery down and reboot later to see if it happens.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

rdgxray

Reaction score
I have experienced this several times since the update. Battery is down some...I reboot then it reports 100%. I thought I was just going crazy.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
This was happening to my phone on .886. I had to have mine replaced bc of that and an install issue for .893. So far it hasn't happened with the replacement.

OP
nateohio

nateohio

Reaction score
I have experienced this several times since the update. Battery is down some...I reboot then it reports 100%. I thought I was just going crazy.

Ok, so I'm not the only one. What is it with moto screwing up the battery reporting? The X2 battery reporting problem still hasn't been fixed. Granted, it doesn't make the phone unusable by any means, but it is mildly annoying.

OP
nateohio

nateohio

Reaction score
This was happening to my phone on .886. I had to have mine replaced bc of that and an install issue for .893. So far it hasn't happened with the replacement.

Are you on 901?

DeSoto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Has anyone else noticed HBO GO and Max Go is broke after the new updates
and is there a better place to post this if not?

OP
nateohio

nateohio

Reaction score
Are you talking about HBO and Max GO being updated or running the old version of the app on the 5.9.901 build?

DeSoto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I am running the latest version
you can log in
but as soon as the movie starts it kicks it back to the movies menu

DeSoto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Ok I just looked at the latest comments on the app and there is a lot of upset people.
The app has been broken since 893 OTA
Hopefully they will get an update out sometime soon

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me it's the Yahoo Mail app. I see a notification that an email came in, but when I pull down on the notification bar and press on the email I get a quick "stopped working" message and the notification is gone. I can go to the app and it opens fine. This doesn't happen all the time.