[6-22] Froyo Kangerade V1.1 - 10% Battery, GUI for scripts, All a2sd option, 7 Themes

canvs2321

Reaction score
Downloaded and installed without a wipe. Kernal changed and the newer kangscripts is in as well. I was thinking this would delete my apps and such but its all still in there along with maps 4.3.0

BUT...the GPS still wont lock on in Maps or Nav. Is there any fix for this? Should I have wiped comlpletely? Am I the only one with this issue? (since I use it heavily and actually need it)

i always have my location stuff turned off unless i'm using it. But I just did
Settings->Location & Security-> checked both Use Wireless Networks & Use GPS Satellites, then i opened maps, hit My Location, at first it was maybe 1000ft off, but after around 45secs-1min it locked into my location within 20ft. Sometimes need patience, give it a min or 2, keep hitting My Location in Maps every 30secs or so til it locks on.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
thanks

can anyone tell me what version is posted on the op page 1 and what is extra in it
newest version 0.8.6 @ ADW Things
and size is 984
as opposed to jrummys 14.7 megs

I have been using launcher pro but everyone seems to talk about this and it looks pretty cool so i want to try it just not sure which to use.

also how do you install j rummy's

thanks

The one I compiled is 0.8.6. It's so huge because of the 30 custom wallpapers I added. lol.

to install put it on the root of you sdcard, go into asto, select the app, change your settings to install unknown sources and it will install to data/app or your sdcard depending on what your settings are.

Thanks jrummy its so nice having somone around to answer questions. thanks. Thanks for the maps update i was not even able to use layers without fc before now everything works.

Vaden K

Reaction score
Downloaded and installed without a wipe. Kernal changed and the newer kangscripts is in as well. I was thinking this would delete my apps and such but its all still in there along with maps 4.3.0

BUT...the GPS still wont lock on in Maps or Nav. Is there any fix for this? Should I have wiped comlpletely? Am I the only one with this issue? (since I use it heavily and actually need it)

After 1.0 my location was not my own....a ways from Northern California, set it to my coords and all is good now

I have it set to my zipcode, and both wireless networks and GPS satellites checked but it shows my location as the next suburb over, at least 1-2 miles off. I let it sit for 5 minutes and still has flashing GPS icon and trying to locate my position.

canvs2321

Reaction score

After 1.0 my location was not my own....a ways from Northern California, set it to my coords and all is good now

I have it set to my zipcode, and both wireless networks and GPS satellites checked but it shows my location as the next suburb over, at least 1-2 miles off. I let it sit for 5 minutes and still has flashing GPS icon and trying to locate my position.

do you have WiFI enabled under Wireless & networks? if so turn that off. I remember having that on awhile ago can't remember if i had the Location and Security ones checked, but it was always off by like 1-2miles from my location.

ChefGregg89

Reaction score
still getting FC on kangerage Script and all restore apps already I running Froyo Kangerade V1.1 Nextheme and I need app2sd they my app wont move to sd card

aslo PM not there on ET

Vaden K

Reaction score
WiFi has been off, I rarely use it since my 3G is excellent here. I also unchecked use wireless networks now to see if it will force it to try and find the satellite. I guess I'll have to get this thing to dual boot stock 2.1 for perfect nav and 2.2 for all the other time :) Dont think I could go without my Kangerade now.

skltr21

Reaction score
my phone is stuck on the boot screen!!!! help!!!! it wont boot. ive tried to pull the battery and restart into recovery and it wont do anything! did this new update brick my phone???

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had the Kangerade Scripts GUI hang on my twice now...locks up the phone, one time had to pull the battery, other time phone rebooted.

Both times occurred when I was scrolling through options. First time I was scrolling through font choices.

Second time I had applied the stock font successfully and was going to change the boot animation when things locked up as I was scrolling through boot animation choices.

Everything else seems very good...performance is very nice, wifi works, and my phone rebooted pretty nicely this time. :) Using the stock kernel...

Last edited:

boddah

Reaction score
i figured it out, i was installing the old goodies package. thanks guys :)

otter34

Reaction score
How long should this take to load using ROM manager? It's been at 29% forever it seems. I had it add and delete some things (very nice function!) and selected Chevy's 1.0Ghz low voltage kernel. It says "Plain froyo stock theme 2 of 15 and has said that for about 10-15 minutes. It's at 29%. Should I give it another 10-15 minutes or pull the battery....or should I reload a backed up rom w/ rom manager?

Vaden K

Reaction score
How long should this take to load using ROM manager? It's been at 29% forever it seems. I had it add and delete some things (very nice function!) and selected Chevy's 1.0Ghz low voltage kernel. It says "Plain froyo stock theme 2 of 15 and has said that for about 10-15 minutes. It's at 29%. Should I give it another 10-15 minutes or pull the battery....or should I reload a backed up rom w/ rom manager?

If theres a lot of people DLing it, ROM Manager has always taken me no less than 15 minutes. Let it sit, grab a magazine and relieve your bowels, or fix a sandwich. It'll come up.

skltr21

Reaction score
someone please help!!!! my phone will not boot back up after this update and i dont know what to do??? ive tried pulling the battery and ive tried booting into recovery. nothing is working......

otter34

Reaction score

If theres a lot of people DLing it, ROM Manager has always taken me no less than 15 minutes. Let it sit, grab a magazine and relieve your bowels, or fix a sandwich. It'll come up.

OK, thanks for giving me a time frame. I had no idea what to expect. I decided to clear the download and am going to just put it on the root of my SD card instead.

Vaden K

Reaction score
someone please help!!!! my phone will not boot back up after this update and i dont know what to do??? ive tried pulling the battery and ive tried booting into recovery. nothing is working......

If power button + X doesnt work, I would see about getting it up and running with RSD lite.