[6-22] Froyo Kangerade V1.1 - 10% Battery, GUI for scripts, All a2sd option, 7 Themes

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Can I use Chrome to phone to download link then just update through Astro without having to delete the old one first?

Thanks for the help!!

i don't see why not, but if it gives you any errors, you might have to modify /system/bin/pm by adding the #!/system/bin/sh to the top of the file. Look back at my post on how to do it if you have any problems. Someone told me they weren't able to install the new app over the old because of a sh: pm not found error. pm is a system file unrelated to kangerade.scripts so not sure of it's full purpose besides being like a package manager for install apps.

Will probably just delete first then download with Chrome to phone...

Thanks will try in a few and let you know how it goes!

Last edited:

longjas

Reaction score
ok so i am little new here... I just loaded kangerade 1.0 less than an hour ago and was loving it so far and now i saw this update so I am in the process of doing that now... but my question is what is the goodies zip for? sorry for the newb question i just rooted my phone last week

canvs2321

Reaction score
I tried to use the command to change back to stock font and got the goodies folder missing from SD card message...

Can I just create a "goodies" folder on the SD card and copy the stock font there, or do I have to apply the froyo goodies update zip using recovery to create the folder?

if you do that make sure to keep it in format /sdcard/goodies/fonts/ANYGIVENFONTNAME/DroidSans.ttf and DroidSans-Bold.ttf, then when you run the Kangerade App it will have your ANYGIVENFONTNAME added to the list

its the same with the Live wallpapers you can add as many LWP as you want to /goodies/livewallpapers/*
such as
/sdcard/goodies/livewallpapers/LWPNAME/LiveWallpapers.apk or
/sdcard/goodies/livewallpapers/MELTINGCHEESE/LiveWallpapers.apk
and it will have LWPNAME in the menu of Live Wallpapers in the Kangerade App

Last edited:
OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also, my battery is still in increments of 20%...gonna try reinstalling Rom (Green Theme)...

Update: reinstalling Rom fixed this.
Alright, I found the issue, how do i go about fixing it? When i install the "green notifications with clock" it goes back to 20% increments...

oops.. need to update that.. will do it tomorrow.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what version is posted on the op page 1 and what is extra in it
newest version 0.8.6 @ ADW Things
and size is 984
as opposed to jrummys 14.7 megs

I have been using launcher pro but everyone seems to talk about this and it looks pretty cool so i want to try it just not sure which to use.

also how do you install j rummy's

thanks

The one I compiled is 0.8.6. It's so huge because of the 30 custom wallpapers I added. lol.

to install put it on the root of you sdcard, go into asto, select the app, change your settings to install unknown sources and it will install to data/app or your sdcard depending on what your settings are.

Shay D. Life

Reaction score
OK, so just to be sure. The music mod app and normal music app are having issues?

ReGReT

Reaction score
Launcher2

I really like the way it scrolls but is there a way to configure it?

B

budmonster

**Heads up to some people, you need to add the line #!/system/bin/sh to the top of /system/bin/pm, you can use root explorer or whatnot to mount the system r/w, goto /system/bin, long press pm and scroll the menu down to Edit in Text Editor, then put that line at the top of the file and save. it's not on there by default with the install of the Kangerade Rom, dunno how it affects ppl, but i know it can screw with install apps, possibly more.

im on cm 508. do i have to add the line to pm for kang app to work? or is this for something else.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried to use the command to change back to stock font and got the goodies folder missing from SD card message...

Can I just create a "goodies" folder on the SD card and copy the stock font there, or do I have to apply the froyo goodies update zip using recovery to create the folder?

if you do that make sure to keep it in format /sdcard/goodies/fonts/ANYGIVENFONTNAME/DroidSans.ttf and DroidSans-Bold.ttf, then when you run the Kangerade App it will have your ANYGIVENFONTNAME added to the list

its the same with the Live wallpapers you can add as many LWP as you want to /goodies/livewallpapers/*
such as
/sdcard/goodies/livewallpapers/LWPNAME/LiveWallpapers.apk or
/sdcard/goodies/livewallpapers/MELTINGCHEESE/LiveWallpapers.apk
and it will have LWPNAME in the menu of Live Wallpapers in the Kangerade App

Thanks, that's great that I can do it that way, I hate the multi-reboot process I have to go through to get stable every time I reboot on Froyo, so I didn't want to have to go into recovery. :)

...the scripts GUI is really nice...

canvs2321

Reaction score
**Heads up to some people, you need to add the line #!/system/bin/sh to the top of /system/bin/pm, you can use root explorer or whatnot to mount the system r/w, goto /system/bin, long press pm and scroll the menu down to Edit in Text Editor, then put that line at the top of the file and save. it's not on there by default with the install of the Kangerade Rom, dunno how it affects ppl, but i know it can screw with install apps, possibly more.

im on cm 508. do i have to add the line to pm for kang app to work? or is this for something else.

i'm not sure, i built the app to be runable on 2.1 or 2.2, but i've only tested on 2.2 kangerade w/goodies, not sure how how it ports to other roms.

CoFoltman84

Reaction score

canvs2321

Reaction score
Thanks, that's great that I can do it that way, I hate the multi-reboot process I have to go through to get stable every time I reboot on Froyo, so I didn't want to have to go into recovery. :)

...the scripts GUI is really nice...
np, and thanks, put quite a bit of time into this app over the past couple days, i'm pretty pleased with the outcome of it so far, but it's still a work in progress, and will only get better! JRummy's done a sweet ass job on his ROMS that's why i chose to work with his stuff.

otter34

Reaction score
I just upgraded to the premium version of ROM manager. I received the error, "your rom is properly not set up to receive OTA updates. the developer of this rom needs to make the appropriate changes so their rom support ota update. please contact the rom developer! this is not a rom manager bug.

So....what gives? I just installed this maybe 3 days ago and things were going great until I just now upgraded to premium rom manager

Vaden K

Reaction score
Downloaded and installed without a wipe. Kernal changed and the newer kangscripts is in as well. I was thinking this would delete my apps and such but its all still in there along with maps 4.3.0

BUT...the GPS still wont lock on in Maps or Nav. Is there any fix for this? Should I have wiped comlpletely? Am I the only one with this issue? (since I use it heavily and actually need it)

ReGReT

Reaction score
Downloaded and installed without a wipe. Kernal changed and the newer kangscripts is in as well. I was thinking this would delete my apps and such but its all still in there along with maps 4.3.0

BUT...the GPS still wont lock on in Maps or Nav. Is there any fix for this? Should I have wiped comlpletely? Am I the only one with this issue? (since I use it heavily and actually need it)

After 1.0 my location was not my own....a ways from Northern California, set it to my coords and all is good now