6.16.211 (6/15/2012) New leak found

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This makes me think that moto is putting the final touches on this.. a new version just days after the last...

Of course this could me diddly squat :D

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Caesars

Reaction score
Just a few Days away, I can feel it!

Yes my prediction is as reliable as cnet :)

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Another day, another RAZR leak, another wasted hour with Cheesecake, and STILL nothing for the Bionic. Moto is discouraging me so badly. If all we have is an engineering build that we can't install, I am thinking ICS is alot further off than "early Q3" for us. How many months has the RAZR had an ICS leak for now?

Thanks alot, Motorola.

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Another day, another RAZR leak, another wasted hour with Cheesecake, and STILL nothing for the Bionic. Moto is discouraging me so badly. If all we have is an engineering build that we can't install, I am thinking ICS is alot further off than "early Q3" for us. How many months has the RAZR had an ICS leak for now?

Thanks alot, Motorola.

April, I believe

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:

Thanks alot, Motorola.

The end of march was the first ICS leak. Since the Bionic is so similar hardware wise to the Razr they may just port it over so it shouldn't take very long after that to tweak it in.

1339708296469.jpg

donnie5336

Reaction score
Hey guys... would it be too much of a coincidence if there is one more build that gets done and pushed OTA tomorrow? Build 6.16.212 going live on 6-16-2012????:blink:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The end of march was the first ICS leak. Since the Bionic is so similar hardware wise to the Razr they may just port it over so it shouldn't take very long after that to tweak it in.

1339708296469.jpg

That's what I keep trying to tell myself. However, in the back of my mind I know Motorola doesn't work that way, if they did the Bionic would be on GB 2.3.6 and not still on GB 2.3.4 - I believe each device has its very own developer team.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did read the absolute best response as to WHY the ICS release simply doesn't occur on all devices at all, though; from Matt on Motorola's Forum of all people:

We roll out in phases for some fairly simple reason. One is simply a resource issue -- we can't soak too many devices at once, carrier labs can't test too many at once, and servers can't handle the distribution of too many at once.
It's also true that some device gets to go first, and some go second, and some third, etc. No matter how we make the lineup, owners of other devices complain. It's built in to the process and human nature. I'd tell you not to take it personally but that doesn't really help, does it?
smiley-cool.gif

There are certainly advantages of going second. The first devices to get Gingerbread -- well, let's just say it wasn't all wine and roses.
We are working hard on ICS. Sometimes there are small but essential changes that we need to push out without waiting.
I'm sorry I got up on my hind legs and appreciate your very civil response.

smmfc

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to explain how to side load these leaks without root. The RAZR is the only phone I've not rooted but would like ics of possible without root. (I usually end up rooting and crack flashing Roms when rooted) the RAZR just works so well without root lol