6.16.210 Found on Cheesecake

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The files need to be put on the /sdcard/ not /sdcard-ext/ that was my issue. Installing now...

The files need to be placed in /cache. Not /system/cache or anything on the SD card.

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, i'm going to defend Moto here. They have been very active in keeping this phone updated. I just soak tested .905; which would be our 4th official build - not bad for a phone that has been around for 9 months.

The issue I have is ICS. We do have an ICS build floating around, and it's totally useless. It's an engineering build and can't be used on a normal device. This tells me they've barely started working on it. The RAZR builds have been floating around for months in useable form. My fear is that we are so far behind in ICS development that Moto will miss their "early Q3" release target- at this rate, we'll be lucky if it's "early Q4"

EDIT: Even the D4 has a working ICS build. The problem I have with this is that THEY are supposed to get it later than the Bionic (simply "Q3 2012", not "early Q3 2012")

What's sad though, is that .905 isn't even out yet, and the RAZR should be getting ICS by the end of the month. Its taken Motorola forever to address the signal issues some have been having with the Bionic. I also agree about the leak situations. Look at how many leaks the RAZR has had. Does that mean the Bionic will need several different builds in order to work toward a stable OTA?

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed, put when I got them from my pc I had to throw it on the SD first. Everything installed fine. Crazy unlock screen. lol

OK, just making sure, especially since a few people on the other forum were doing it wrong. I'm glad it worked for ya

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
As far as the data drops, I really think its vzw. I have a feeling that they've changed how our devices register with the networks again. And as a result we're having data drops like before. This is my opinion though.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's sad though, is that .905 isn't even out yet, and the RAZR should be getting ICS by the end of the month. Its taken Motorola forever to address the signal issues some have been having with the Bionic. I also agree about the leak situations. Look at how many leaks the RAZR has had. Does that mean the Bionic will need several different builds in order to work toward a stable OTA?

To be fair though, it's hard to address signal issues when VZW is constantly mucking around with the network. I believe the network is the root cause of the issues, and not the device per se.

If you look in the forums for other devices, signal issues/handoff issues are just as bad. And I definitely can't say that other manufacturers have been any more proactive. Took 6 months for the GNex to see a single official update.

As for the leaks, one more thing to consider is the transient nature of the servers. Perhaps the Bionic dev team is just better at cleaning things up before the Cheesecakers have a chance to find anything.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I still contest that they do this on purpose, putting these updates out there to be taken and installed by thousands of users. Free beta testing is all it is, users think they are getting some inside track to secret unreleased OS's when all they are doing is free bug reporting on these forums.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still contest that they do this on purpose, putting these updates out there to be taken and installed by thousands of users. Free beta testing is all it is, users think they are getting some inside track to secret unreleased OS's when all they are doing is free bug reporting on these forums.

Why would they do that? That's what a soak test is for.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Soak test it would seem is when they believe they have the final build ready and they send it out to a select few to make sure there are no more issues. These cheesecake leaks would be more like general bug finding for a build before the soak test, course again this is just my opinion and means nothing more than this is what I feel to be true.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
As far as the data drops, I really think its vzw. I have a feeling that they've changed how our devices register with the networks again. And as a result we're having data drops like before. This is my opinion though.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

I don't think the network was ever that great as it goes for the 4g thing, even on my 1 Razr that data worked well it still switched a lot but at least it didn't drop connections & stay dropped for time than it connected, and overheat/drain my battery.

I'm actually not so happy about there being another new build because that just means it's just that much longer until we get the official OTA.

I was holding off on swapping my current Razr for it's data issues in hopes that the new ICS radio fix it, but I don't know if i want to have either risk ending up with a dead battery while car docked or going through the trouble of turning things off while being mobile that are meant to be used during that time.

At least this phone doesn't seem to be as bad as the other 2 with data as using 3g only doesn't overheat as bad, but I paid for a 4g device & service that I should he able to set it & forget it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
wojtalsd said:
New leak seems to be working pretty good so far.

Does this leak have all the Verizon bloatware added? I've only noticed talk about blurware being added/updated in previous builds. These 2 things along with how well everything works can be used to judge if this build is likely/close to being final.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner