Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Guess cnet was kind of right.

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/topic/2640-Ics-6.16.210-(Can-Not-Fastboot-Back)

You need to be rooted (some have side loaded into stock recovery but I used the method I'm about to tell you to install leaks with success). Also, keep in mind this is not fastbootable back to GB. Use Voodoo OTA Root keeper if you want rooted ICS.

Root and be on stock .181. Download the 2 files from the link above. Also download ES File Explorer and Rom Manager (free). Use ES file explorer and place the zip file and the crc file in /cache (not in system/cache!). Now, press on the zip file and then select rom manager and grant it superuser access. The phone should reboot and start installing the leak.

If it doesn't start installing, boot back up and check to make sure both files are in /cache, then try again.

This is at your own risk. Nobody (including myself or any forum) is responsible if you screw up your phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Woot! This is truly exciting. :icon_ banana:

georgeo18yal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
This is pretty cool, I would go for it, but I want the official OTA, I don't want to root until the OTA is up. :p

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great, ANOTHER build for the RAZR.

So sick of this, you'd think at this point we Bionic owners would at least have a leak that is useful for something.

I am beginning to think Moto has just STARTED development on the Bionic version. Starting to lose hope since RAZR has had a leak for months. At this point i'm beginning to doubt we'll see it in Q3 period, let alone "early Q3"

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's a setting that you have to change to change the directory. It defaults to the SD card

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great, ANOTHER build for the RAZR.

So sick of this, you'd think at this point we Bionic owners would at least have a leak that is useful for something.

I am beginning to think Moto has just STARTED development on the Bionic version. Starting to lose hope since RAZR has had a leak for months. At this point i'm beginning to doubt we'll see it in Q3 period, let alone "early Q3"

I feel your pain. The Bionic is a good phone, just has had crappy support from Moto

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. The Bionic is a good phone, just has had crappy support from Moto

Actually, i'm going to defend Moto here. They have been very active in keeping this phone updated. I just soak tested .905; which would be our 4th official build - not bad for a phone that has been around for 9 months.

The issue I have is ICS. We do have an ICS build floating around, and it's totally useless. It's an engineering build and can't be used on a normal device. This tells me they've barely started working on it. The RAZR builds have been floating around for months in useable form. My fear is that we are so far behind in ICS development that Moto will miss their "early Q3" release target- at this rate, we'll be lucky if it's "early Q4"

EDIT: Even the D4 has a working ICS build. The problem I have with this is that THEY are supposed to get it later than the Bionic (simply "Q3 2012", not "early Q3 2012")